The King's Son and Daughter

As I woke the next morning, I could hear voices coming from outside. I didn't think too much of it until I heard Eagle Flies speak up.
I quickly hopped out of bed and walked outside to see what was going on.
"Hey, what're you doing here?" I asked with a smile as I gave him a quick hug.
"You're finally awake." He joked as he smiled back at me. "There's an army patrol coming through New Hanover today. We are going to disrupt their travel." Dutch began to explain. "I like the sound of that..." I replied with a devious smirk.
***
"So, who's helping us with this?" I asked Eagle Flies as him, Dutch and I rode towards the ambush location. "Well, me, you, Paytah's meeting us there, Mr Van Der Linde and your boyfriend, if he likes." "He ain't my boyfriend." I replied as we began riding up the side of a cliff to reach the vantage point. "Right, sorry. You kiss, have sex, go on dates, and protect each other no matter what, but that's purely platonic, right?" He teased as we dismounted and walked over to Paytah. "Shut up." I replied as I saw Dutch roll his eyes. He clearly still wasn't too onboard with the idea of me and Arthur.
"Alright, so, how we doing this?" I asked Paytah as I crouched down next to him. "You see those trees? We're going to blow them. Trap the army inside." Paytah explained. "Sounds good." I replied as I surveyed the area.
"So good of you to join us..." Dutch said after a moment as Arthur arrived. "What's going on?" Arthur asked as he watched us. "Rebellion. The smell of cordite and integrity. It is a beautiful thing." Dutch replied. "What are you all doing?" Arthur asked as he walked over to me. "An eye for an eye. We didn't start this, Morgan. They did." I replied as I looked up at him. "Whatever it is you're planning... it ain't a good idea. They want you to fight." Arthur argued which caused me to roll my eyes as I stood up.
"Nobody will be killed." Eagle Flies insisted as he followed me over to the dynamite wagon. "We're just gonna trap a few of them in the valley... disarm them... tar and feather them... and remind them to leave these boys alone." Dutch explained as I passed him some of the dynamite.
"You have energy for pranks?" Arthur asked, clearly unimpressed with the situation. "Come on, Arthur. Just tweaking Uncle Sam's nose a little." Dutch explained as he and Arthur began walking down the side of the cliff, away from us and towards the trees.
We watched as Dutch attached the rolls of dynamite to the trees and Arthur followed on behind him with the spool, tying the line to the top of each roll.
After a minute of this, and what looked like some unpleasant conversation between the two of them, they quickly made their way back up to us.
"Everyone into position." Eagle Flies ordered as they ran back towards us and crouched down next to us. "They're coming..." I whispered to the others as I watched the patrol ride up the road and quickly pulled my mask over my face, as did the others.
"Oh, damn... the patrol is a lot larger than we thought it was gonna be..." Eagle muttered as he spotted them. "Don't worry... that's a good thing..." Dutch replied with a slightly evil chuckle.
After we watched the patrol reach the middle of the trees along the path Dutch said, "Okay, they've passed the first charge, set it off."
I quickly listened and pushed down the handle on the plunger, causing the dynamite to explode and the trees to fall down around them as their horses spooked.
"Put your hands up! You're surrounded!" I shouted down to the army men as I aimed my gun at them from atop the cliff. "Nobody need get hurt! Your humiliation of us has gone on quite enough!" I continued but was cut off by one of the men shouting back, "This ain't a good idea!" "Put down your guns!" Eagle Flies instructed the army but they didn't listen. "You are making a mistake, girl!" Another of the soldiers called out.
"No, you're making a mistake... put your hands up, soldier... take a little humiliation and leave these fine folks alone." Dutch ordered. "Who are you?" One of the soldiers asked noticing that he clearly wasn't an Indian.
"A concerned citizen." Dutch replied.
"They're being ambushed!" Another shout came from the distance. Shit. More army.
"What now?" Eagle Flies asked Dutch as we began to get increasingly concerned with the situation. "We should move." Arthur advised but Dutch quickly replied, "No, no, no, no, not quite yet... Soldier, you and your friends going to tuck tail and run off? Run!" He shouted out to the soldiers. "Excuse me?" Of the soldiers called back in disbelief.
I jumped as a single bullet came flying towards us and missed me by about an inch. "Your friends fired first, soldier!" Dutch shouted down to them as he opened fire and we all quickly followed suit.
"Father won't be happy about this!" Eagle Flies exclaimed over the gunfire. "They fired first!" I replied as I continued shooting at the men below.
"Shit, they're coming up the side!" I exclaimed as I turned and ran towards the incline where the men were approaching from. "Liz! The hell are you doing?!" Arthur shouted as he ran after me.
I continued to shoot each man as they ran up the embankment and slowly, they thinned out until they stopped coming.
"You fools, you damn fools, it's the army!" Arthur shouted, clearly annoyed.
"It is one regiment of pastry chefs and bullies, watch your goddamn mouth." Dutch scolded him as we began walking down the embankment and towards the littering of corpses on the ground.
"All of you... take what you can, and then we move out!" Dutch instructed as we began to loot the bodies. "Move now, we have to move now." Arthur complained. "Morgan, please." I replied as I looted one of the soldiers. "This is crazy, why aren't we getting out of here?" He said. "They might have information on them that'll help us with our cause." I explained. "We need anything our Father can use to strengthen our case." Eagle Flies added as Arthur began looting one of the men. "I ain't sure much is gonna strengthen your case after this..." Arthur replied.
"Find anything?" Dutch called out after we had searched them but before any of us could reply, there was another explosion which blew me to the floor. "The hell...?" I muttered as I quickly stood back up. "Are you alright?" Arthur asked as he grabbed me by the arm and helped me up before we ran towards cover. "I'm fine. Oh shit..." I whispered as I saw a massive cannon and at least 20 more men. "Shit! Everyone keep your heads down! We're gonna get out of this!" Dutch reassured as we once again began opening fire.
As we began to shoot back, I heard a yell come from behind us. "Paytah!" Eagle Falls called out as he ran off to help him and I quickly followed. Arthur and Dutch were so busy shooting that they didn't even notice us leave.
I quickly shot the man that had Paytah in a grip. "Come on! We need to get out of—" I began but that's all I was able to get out before someone hit me over the back of the head with their rifle and I blacked out.
***