American Venom

[One Month Later]

"You need anything while we're here?" John asked as we walked out of the bank after repaying some of the loan he took for the house.

[A/N: I am fully aware that American venom and Beechers Hope happens 8 years after the main story but for the plot, it just makes sense for it to be a month. :)

I didn't reply, instead I just turned into the general store quickly followed by a sigh from John as he joined me.
I immediately walked to the back of the store and picked up a bottle of whiskey and a pack of smokes before walking to the counter, placing $4 on it, and walking out.
***

"Food's ready." Abigail said with a smile as she opened my door and stuck her head in. "Okay." I replied bluntly as I continued with my daily activities. What were my daily activities, you may ask? Sitting on the floor and drinking until I blacked out whilst I read Arthur's Journal.
To say that his death affected me is one hell of an understatement. I turned into a completely different person. I barely spoke anymore, one word answers only. I couldn't even remember the last time I was sober and I hadn't felt happiness since... well... since...
"You actually gonna eat something tonight?" Abigail asked as she gave me a stern look. Oh, that's one more thing I hadn't been doing, eating.
"Maybe." I replied as I took another swig from the bottle as I turned the page. "Liz... you know this ain't gonna bring him back..." Abigail began causing me to look her dead in the eyes. Did she really think I didn't know that? "Look, I just think..." she tried to continue but I quickly cut her off. "Don't wanna hear it." "You can't keep doing this." She complained as she stepped towards me. "Try me." I replied with zero emotion. "For God's sake, Liz... I've tried everything! Everything, to try and drag you out of this weird pit you've thrown yourself into. What's it gonna take?!" She began to raise her voice. She had a good reason to be angry, she really had tried everything, to no avail. I was a mess, a royal burden on society and a burden on them.
I didn't reply, I just looked at the floor. "Would you say something?! I'm sick of this! How are any of us supposed to do anything to help if you never say a damn thing?!" She continued to get annoyed as I stared at the ground. Why did I not speak? Because for the last month, I'd been trying so damn hard to force myself to become numb. Become emotionless. And I feared that if I spoke, it would all come flooding out.
"ELIZABETH! Say something!" She shouted, but I still didn't move, didn't speak, didn't react. "For God's sake! He's dead! Arthur's dead!-" she began but I cut her off as her words caused me to snap. "You think I don't know that?!" I shouted as I stood up and stepped towards her. "Do you SERIOUSLY think I don't FUCKING KNOW THAT?! I've been trying so hard to NOT think about it!! Because every time I do, another part of me FUCKING BREAKS! The only damn thing keeping me going is NOT thinking about it!" "I... I'm sorry..." she stammered out as she looked genuinely scared of me. "I don't want to fucking hear it. Get out." I replied as I lowered my tone. "Liz... I'm-" she tried to speak but I cut her off again, "Am I talking to a brick wall?! Get out!" I shouted but she still just stood there. "GET OUT!" I screamed as I walked towards her and pushed her out before slamming the door in her face.
Heart pounding, I stormed over to the mirror and stared at myself. I had become a monster... I didn't even recognise the girl looking back at me. My hair was a mess, I had huge bags under my eyes from all the sleepless nights, I had lost so much weight from not eating and I had no life left in my face.
My anger continued to boil as I stared at my reflection and into my eyes. I let out a yell before slamming my fist as hard as I could into the glass, shattering it instantly.
I breathed heavily and looked down at my fist, that was red and bleeding from the impact, as a tear fell down my cheek.
That was it. The floodgates were open. There was no going back now.
I fell to the ground, sobbing hard as blood dripped from my hand to the wooden flooring.
I missed him so fucking much... I loved him so fucking much... He promised me he wouldn't leave me! HE FUCKING PROMISED! He promised...
***