My Last Boy

I awoke the next morning to the view of Arthur sleeping next to me in one of the tribes tents. God, he looked so peaceful... so angelic... so... handsome.
I quickly shook my head as I blushed before exiting the tent and walking over to Eagle Flies.
"Good. You're awake." Eagle said. "I'm awake, what's going on?" "We're ending this today. Father went out for a walk so he isn't here to stop us." Eagle began to explain. "What are you talking about?" I questioned, confused. "The oil fields. Colonel Favours is there. We're gonna go and finish this thing." He was clearly riled up. "We?" I asked, wondering who else was coming. "I got a bunch of our men to agree to it. You in?"
I didn't even have to think before the answer came out. "Yes. Of course I'm in."
"Good, but there is one problem." Eagle Flies began as I gave him an inquisitive look. "Your boyfriend." "Arthur?" I asked, confused, causing Eagle Flies to nod. "What about him?" I questioned. "You know he's going to try and stop us."
I thought for a moment before replying, "I'll get rid of him."
***
"Morgan! Morgan, wake up!" I exclaimed as I shook his arm. "What? What's going on?" He asked as he sat up. "Dutch was just here!" I tried to sound as believable as possible. "Dutch? Why?" Arthur asked, clearly still not fully awake. "I don't know, he just said that it was an emergency and he had to get back to camp but you need to meet him there!" "Christ, alright." Arthur groaned as he quickly climbed out of the tent.
"Before you go..." I said as he went to walk away. I quickly grabbed his arm before injecting the needle. "You not coming?" Arthur asked as I pulled the needle out. "No, I'll join you in a bit, I need to check that Eagle Flies is alright." I lied. "Alright, be safe." He replied before he turned to leave again.
"Arthur!" I called out as he walked away. "What?" He went to ask but was cut off as I placed my lips on his.
We were fighting in the oil fields... against Colonel Favours. There was a very real possibility that I would die during the attack and... well, I guess that was my way of saying goodbye. No, of course I wasn't planning on dying but just in case.
"You alright?" He asked, slightly concerned after I had pulled away. "I'm fine, go find Dutch." I added before quickly walking away and towards Eagle Flies.
***
We spent the next half an hour getting ready for the fight ahead. We stocked up with bows, arrows, knives, tomahawks and more. We were going to need all the fire power we could possibly get.
We also got changed and applied face paint for protection.

"Alright! Listen up! This is going to be the biggest fight yet! This won't be easy but we're doing this for our land!" Eagle shouted to everyone that was coming to fight. "Yeah!" We all cheered out in unison. "We're doing this for our people!" "Yeah!" "We're doing this for our culture!" "Yeah!" "We're doing this for us!" "Yeah!" "What on earth are you doing?!" Rains Fall exclaimed as he ran into Wapiti.
"We're fighting for freedom!" Eagle continued shouting. "Yeah!" "No! Stop! You're all going to get yourselves killed!" Rains Fall tried to interfere but it was no use. "Are we ready?!" "Yeah!" "Then let's move out! To the oil fields!" We all let out a huge cheer as we pulled our horses into sprints and rode out of Wapiti.

Arthur POV:
"What's going on?" I asked Dutch as I jogged into camp. "Nothing?" Dutch replied, clearly confused. "You wanted to see me?" I questioned, confused. "Who told you that?" "Liz said you came to Wapiti looking for me..." I replied, confusion filling my mind. "No, I've been here since yesterday..."
I furrowed my brow in confusion. "Then why would she..." I trailed off as I racked my head. "Maybe she just wanted rid of you, black lung." Micah teased, maliciously. "Shut up, Micah." I replied but just as I did, Rains Fall sprinted into our camp on horse back.
"Mr Van Der Linde! Mr Morgan! Charles!" He shouted as he jumped down from his horse and sprinted towards us. "What? What's going on?" I asked, slightly panicked. "They're gone! They left! They're all going to die!" He continued to shout. "Who? What's going on?!" I questioned, instantly thinking about Elizabeth. "They... they've gone to fight! They're all going to get themselves killed!" "Where?!" I asked as my heart rate increased. "The oil fields!" Rains Fall replied.
That's when it hit me. That's why she said that Dutch was looking for me, because she knew I would never let her go. What's why she kissed me this morning... because she was afraid she'd never see me again...
"Christ, we have to go after them! Who's coming with me?!" I shouted as I mounted up.