Visiting Hours

After we had managed to get a hold of a small canoe, we quickly headed back to camp to stock up on ammo and tell Abigail what we were up to before heading out to Copperhead Landing and waiting for Arthur to join us.
After a while we heard the unmistakable sound of horse footsteps coming up behind us. I turned around expecting to see Arthur but was surprised when it was Abigail.
"What are you doing here?" Sadie asked as Abigail jumped down from her horse and walked over to us. "I'm coming with you." She replied which made me and Sadie chuckle slightly at her joke. "I ain't joking." She added which caught both me and Sadie off guard. "Come on, you can't be serious." Sadie said as she looked at her then me. "He's my husband. Of course I'm serious. I'm coming with you." "No you ain't." I quickly replied. "Yes I am." She continued to insist. "No. You. Ain't." Sadie said as she began to get the boat ready. "The thing is, I really can't... I must come! He's my husband!" She continued to argue as the sound of more footsteps walked towards us. Arthur. "I know he's your husband but it's gonna be... well, it's gonna be violent." Sadie replied as Arthur dismounted his horse and began to walk towards us. "I can handle myself just fine... I'm coming." Abigail repeated after a moment of thought. "We know you can but, it ain't happening. You got a boy." I replied, thinking about Jack. If something was to happen to Abigail, and with John in prison, the boy would be left with no one.
"I insist!" She exclaimed after a moment. "Insist all you like, ain't happening. Arthur tell her." Sadie replied as Arthur joined us. "Tell her what?" "She ain't coming with us to collect her husband." "Abigail you ain't coming and that's the end of the matter." Arthur replied as we all made our way over to the boat and began to climb in. "See, there, you heard him. Now let's go." "But..." Abigail tried to interject but I quickly cut her off. "But nothing. It'll be quicker and easier with just the three of us. Plus, John'll be calmer without worrying about you. Ain't complicated." "Well... I ain't the crying sort but I'm real grateful." Abigail finally gave in but she still sounded slightly salty about the whole affair. "Yeah, we know you are." I called out as Arthur began paddling the boat away. "We'll bring him back to you." "Thank you! Thank you all!" She shouted out as we rowed away into the distance.
"Alright, here goes nothing." Arthur began as we made our way across the river. "The place is surrounded by marshland, should hopefully give us a bit of cover to move in close enough to find a spot to look for John. This time of day, prisoners will probably be working on the fields." "Then all we got to do is take out the all the guards and row our way out of there. Seems simple enough." Sadie replied as we continued across the water.
***
Once we had reached the small Island that Sisika was located on, we docked the boat on the shore before ducking down behind the shrubbery. We had to be careful as if we were spotted, the guards had well in their right to shoot us on sight.
"Let's head for that watchtower." Sadie whispered and we crouched along the bank and towards the tall tower. "Stay low, there's a guard up there." I added as I spotted the man in bright blue clothing. "I'll deal with him." Arthur whispered back as he climbed the ladder to the top and by the sound of the struggling and then the sudden unmistakable sound of bones cracking, it was safe to assume that Arthur had broken the guys neck. There were definitely other ways of silently taking a guy out but I suppose that works too.
Sadie and I both climbed the ladder, following on after the guard was subdued. "You see him?" I asked as I watched Arthur look through his scope into the fields below. "No... he ain't there. Shit." Arthur replied. "He must be inside." "Shit, what now?" I asked as our plan of attack began to fall apart. "We go in." Arthur responded as he shot the rifle, shooting one of the guards in the head, killing them instantly. "Let's go." Sadie added as we each slid down the ladder and onto the ground below. "Shit..." I mumbled as the prison alarm began to sound.
I ran towards the prison guards and was surprised to see that one was still alive. Dying, but alive for the time being. "You, mister," I began as I kicked the man's gun away from his reach. "you know John Marston?" "He... he ain't working today..." the man choked out as he continued to bleed from his chest.
"Put the gun down lady." Another guard instructed as he aimed a shotgun at my head. I raised my arms with a smile as I watched Arthur slowly aim his gun at the back of the man's torso. "No, you put the gun down." Arthur said as he pushed it into his back. "Now!" He added as the man just stood there, clearly terrified.
After he had dropped the gun to the floor, Arthur grabbed the man from behind, around the neck, and aimed his gun at his head. "Where's John Marston?" Arthur asked as the man raised his hands and shook in fear. "He ain't in the work detail today..." the guard stammered out. "Okay, well I guess we'll go and get him together." Arthur replied as he began to walk forwards with the man still held tightly and his gun still firmly pressed into his temple. "Try anything and I'll blow your damn head off, you clear on that?" Arthur added. "Yes... very clear..." the young man replied but as he did, another guard walked towards us with his gun aimed. "Oh no you don't." Sadie muttered and the other guard quickly raised his hands in the air as he saw the grip Arthur had on the other man. Sadie quickly disarmed him before knocking him out.
"Now, why don't you apologise to the lady for pointing a gun at her?" Arthur asked the young guard as he continued walking which made me chuckle. "Excuse me?" The guard asked, clearly shocked by the request. "I said, apologise." Arthur hinted into his ear. "I'm sorry, ma'am." The guard replied, clearly just trying not to get a bullet through the ear. "Ain't no harm done." I chuckled back. Arthur Morgan was ridiculous but that's why I loved him.