Goodbye, Dear Friend

[Later the next day]
"I can't believe we're back here." I groaned as Arthur and I rode through the streets of Saint Denis. "Yeah, I know."

Dutch wanted to see Arthur at the saloon and I wasn't planning on coming until I heard that Sadie wanted me there. I had no idea what for, but if Sadie wanted me there then I would be there, no questions asked.
"Don't you worry about me." Sadie protested to Dutch as we walked into the small saloon and spotted them standing at the bar.
"There you are." Dutch greeted Arthur as we walked over to them. "Here I am." Arthur replied as Sadie gave me a smile of gratitude for showing up.
"Come on, let's go." Dutch instructed as he put out his cigar in the ashtray. "Let's go where?" Arthur questioned. "And why're you so riled up?" I added as I looked at Sadie. "Today is a great day, Arthur..." Dutch began, "Today is the day they are going to hang Colm O'Driscoll."
I suddenly understood why Sadie wanted me here.
"That so?" Arthur asked as I gave Sadie a reassuring nod. "Either they hang him, or I shoot him." Sadie replied. "Oh they are going to hang him." Dutch insisted as he began walking to the back of the saloon. "Yeah, and not before time." Sadie grunted as we followed him.
"That boy's been on the gallows more than most. I wouldn't count anything until his neck's broke." Arthur complained.
"Well, nor would I... which is why, despite us being wanted men..." Dutch began to explain as he handed Sadie a box and pushed her into a closet before shutting the door on her. "we're gonna attend the event ourselves."
"And follow him onto the scaffold?" Arthur protested but, as much as I knew he was right, I had to disagree. I had promised Sadie that we would take down every single O'Driscoll, and that's what I planned on doing.
"Well, let's hope not... but if I could see that son of a bitch breathe his last... I think I'd die a happy man. We are gonna disguise ourselves." Dutch explained as he pulled a lawman's outfit out of a bag. "In this?" Arthur asked, clearly unimpressed. "In this." Dutch repeated as he pulled out a fancy looking dress and went to pass it to me. "Oh hell no." I replied as I gave him an annoyed look, just as I did, Sadie walked out in a yellow dress.
"Wow... you look... amazing." I stammered out as I looked her up and down. How did she look beautiful in everything?!
"Your turn." Dutch said as he went to pass me a dress but I quickly took a step back. "Not gonna happen." I replied but Sadie quickly stepped forwards and took it from Dutch before passing it to me. I hesitated for a moment before taking it from her with a sigh. "Thank you." She said as I walked into the closet to get changed. "Yeah well, you're just lucky I love you." I groaned as I shut the door.

After I had put the dress on (with much difficulty) I walked out to meet the others. "Wow... and I thought I had it rough..." I teased as I saw Arthur and Dutch both wearing bright blue lawmen's outfits.
"Yeah, yeah, come on." Arthur replied, clearly unimpressed as he ushered us out the door.
"Well, don't we just look the part..." Arthur groaned as we began walking through the courtyard. "We'll cut through the alley to get to the gallows. We keep our weapons holstered, our disguises on, and our wits about us." Dutch explained.
"Mrs Adler... might I say, being a fancy woman of Saint Denis suits you." I teased as we continued walking. "I'd dress up like the Queen of Sheba if it meant seeing that son of a bitch swing." Sadie replied.
"Colm hung me up... nearly butchered me, that don't mean I'm comfortable in this... woollen coat..." Arthur complained. "You made it out of that predicament, as I remember Mr Morgan. My husband weren't so lucky." Sadie replied. "You lost your husband. I lost my darling, Annabelle. That poor boy, Kieran. We've all lost something because of Colm. And that is why we will shepherd him to eternity." Dutch explained which caused me to nod. "Amen to that." "Now, keep those fingers off those triggers 'cause we'll need cool heads and calm disposition to see this done." Dutch explained. "Practice what you preach, brother." I said with a roll of my eyes. "Whatever do you mean?" Dutch asked, clearly annoyed.
"Are you gonna keep your cool? Really? When you seem to loose it all so often now." Arthur replied for me. "This doubting and questioning of yours... I miss the old Arthur." Dutch complained. "Don't we all." Arthur grunted back. "Maybe Miss Elizabeth ain't so good for you." Dutch snapped. "Hey, don't drag me into this." I groaned as we walked up the street. "You dragged yourself into it when you decided to shove your tongue down the throat of my best man." Dutch argued. I knew that was gonna come back to bite me.
"You three, quit it. We all got a job to do, and we're all in rough agreement about how we're doing it... as far as I can tell." Sadie cut us off, thank god. "We're gonna get it gone." Dutch replied as we walked towards the hanging platform. "Alright, then. Come on. We got a hanging to witness."