Chapter 10

I WENT to the grocery store with Ta as my companion because his good boy brother is still sleeping, he was so drunk last night 'cause they had a company celebration and his cousin Sir Mile brought him home together with this woman named Kara, she looks like a half korean and Thai. She was the one who insisted to help Bible and wiped his body. I was taken aback by her actions but Ta told me that she was Bible's ex girlfriend in highschool. That's why she is so close to Bible and to sir Mile too.

I don't know why but I don't want to see her face again. I don't have any rights to be jealous and act like I'm a wife to him. He can do whatever he wants.

I continued putting some meat and veggies in the cart and my adorable Ta was the one who's pushing it. He went home from the camp last yesterday and I'm happy that he enjoyed his stayed there, I like to see him lively everyday that's why I always spoiling him with foods. He is adorable and cute I can't help myself but to adore him as a little brother.

"Phi Biu, can we get some seafoods too?" he showed the pack of shrimp in his hand

"Yeah, of course get all you want and I'll cook it for you besides it's your brother who's gonna pay for this" he chuckled at the last words I said and help me to find other things we need

After a couple of minutes we finally finished and wait in line to pay, my phone suddenly rang and it's Baiben who's calling but I ignored it 'cause I still don't want to talk to him.

"Phi Biu, my brother asked why you're not picking his calls" Ta tapped my shoulder so I face him to answer

"Tell him that I'm busy with the groceries"

That man!

After he made me worried last night because he said he will be home at 10 o'clock but then midnight passed and still no face of him appeared in the house. I waited for him until he came home and he is with that woman last night.

I knew my place in his life, I am still his helper and he is my boss. But if he just going to leave me on the air after those sweet words and kisses he gave to me maybe it will be better if he'll stop and let me know if he's just fooling me.

After we pay at the cashier we walk to the exit, I asked Ta if he want to buy anything and he said no. Boss Bible keep on asking Ta what mall did we go but the boy just told him that they are already done with groceries.

"Build? Oh my god... it's you" a tall man with a tan complexion approach me and he knew my name

"Oh come on, don't tell me you forget this face" the man suddenly removed his sunglasses

"My god, Kian you look different" we hugged each other and I introduced Ta to him

"Nothing's changed Build it's still me, but you---" I waited for the next he is going to say as he scanned my body

Did I change this past years or not?

"You look beautiful as before Build"

Really Kian? you only notice my beauty not even my maturity or my health

"And amazing person as always, I heard about your grandma, you know that I'm just here if you need anything. We may not be so closed before but consider me as someone you can run and call"

I smile at his words, Kian did changed he became mature and so different from what he is before. Right now he looks more humble than before.

"Thank you Kian, I really appreciate your kindness"

Maybe I just had a misconception to him before, maybe he is a good person and I'm just wrong in knowing him

"So, are you free today?" as much as I want to talk to him more time but I'm worried if Ta is already bored or my boss is looking for me.

"I'm sorry Kian but I still have work for today, you know I need to work hard for grandma"

He understood my reason and he left me with his card to call him anytime.

I immediately put the grocery on the ref with the help of manang and Ta, I didn't see my boss around the house as we came home. Maybe he is still sleeping or he's at the library.

We almost done in organizing the things we bought when the handsome man entered the kitchen and seated above the table with frowning face.

What is his problem again?

Manang and Ta greeted him I also greeted him a good afternoon, when we're done I prepare the ingredients I will cook for the lunch, My boss still sitting in the long table silently. He didn't dare to talk to me perhaps he had hangover or had a headache that's why he look grumpy.

I cleaned the shrimp and cook it first while I'm waiting for the meat to boil. I'm going to cook buttered shrimp for Ta and a soup for his brother.

The whole kitchen is quit aside from the utensils and the boiling water. No one dares to break the silence. It was awkward for Build but he still continue cooking.

Bible is beyond annoyed, he is mad right now. First he woke up without any sign of Build in his side. The bed looks like only person sleep there. Second he find him anywhere in the house but no signs of Build, until manang told him that the boy went to the mall. Third he didn't answer his calls And now that he came home, he ignored me pretty well. Not even looking at my eyes nor just even spare me a look. He want to shout and release his madness.

Why Build is ignoring him?

He can't just let this day end without knowing what pissed Build to ignore him like this. He watch his apple as he move around the kitchen abandoning his presence. He want to hug him now because his head aches like hell but would his apple accept his hug, now that he look pissed at him?

He stood up from the chair and went behind the boy that is now chopping the vegetables and embrace him tightly, snuggle his face on Build's neck but Build resist in his hold and pushed away his hands made him stiffed. Pain crawled in his heart as he stood there astounded for Build's actions.

"Apple did I do something that upset you? You're basically ignoring me"

"It's nothing, I'm just tired"

The boss that can't accept the cold treatment he got from his apple began to sulk in his office and slammed the door as he go in.

Bible scanned the documents in his table that needed to be sign. His head starting to ache again as soon as he saw the pile of papers above his table. He rested his head on his chair then massage his temple. He's asking himself why Biu is treating him coldly.

After many minutes Biu open the door with a tray of foods. His heart suddenly jumping in happiness because of Build's presence. Bible immediately rose from his chair and face the window, not to appreciate the dull view outside but to ask some attention from Build. He is so desperate for Build to talk to him and to give him some sweet talks. His head is throbbing and his heart is wavering for this awkward situation he had with Build.

"Boss I cook a soup for your hangover. I'll just put it in your desk" the boy place the bowl of hot soup in the desk

His face is still stoic and casual. No signs of emotions not even a smile. He stared at his boss back and release a heavy breath. He's still not in a mood to talk with him but he had a job and that is to make sure that Bible is okay.

"Boss I'll go downstairs just call me if you need anything. I also put medicine in your table" he made his stride towards the door and he was about to open the door when his boss suddenly call his name

"Build"

His heart went diving and jumping inside its cage. All of the sudden his system slowly shutting down. His boss is calling him with such a sweet tone. It's giving him shivers. It's been a while that Bible call his first name. It's always Apple or Biu. Hearing his name from his boss again made him agitated.

🌱L.N.B