Chapter 13

"Apple we need to talk about it, you can't just ignore me all the time that we will have misunderstandings" Bible softly said while following Biu in the washroom

The boy washed his face and dried it with clean towel before meeting the eyes of his boss.

"Boss we need to eat, Nanny Chari and Ta waiting for us" Build passed in his front ignoring his words

"You're back to ignoring me again huh? So you will ignore me everytime this things happen?" He exclaimed

Build turned his body to Bible and fought with his stares.

"Just to clear everything between us Bible, you are my boss and I am your helper. We need to stick with that" he declared

The man scoffed. He laughed at the situation he had right now with Build.

"So you will just let that woman get to you just like that? You don't need to compete with her Build because you already won. It's been three years since you've won my heart. You're not just a helper to me Build, you are the apple of my eyes, the scent that can calm my chaotic life, the boy that gave my life all colors in the sky, you are the boy who made me feel the love despite the world forbidding me to have it" Bible outburst in frustrations

Build widened his eyes as he heard the truth from Bible's mouth.

"Did you met me before? You said three years ago?" He asked

The boss frustratedly looked at the ceiling with both of his hands on his waist. He stared to it while laughing airy.

"So you did forgot about me huh?............ It's nothing, just forget about it. Come out they must waiting for us" Bible left the room

Nailed in his place, Build cannot find any words to say or to move his body. The face of disappointment he saw from Bible made him question himself if he met his boss before.

The dinner became the most coldest meal they had. The boss finished first and went upstairs to rest. Build remained silent throughout the time. He can't give any gaze to Bible.

In his bed, Build tossing his body for he cannot sleep. He forced himself to remember Baiben in his life. He had so many memories that he doesn't want to recall. His life was not that easy and good for him to keep it in his mind always. His life before was basically revolved around work, studies and his grandma.

His heart felt heavy after seeing Bible's face earlier. His heart is pushing him to his boss' room and he did. He went upstairs to check if Baiben is still awake but if he's already sleeping he will immediately leave.

He slowly opened the unlocked room. He saw no one in the bed. He roamed around to find Bible and he found him at the terrace, gulping the glass of rum.

The night filled with darkness and silence. No stars in the sky and no noises around.

Build slowly walked to Baiben and seated on his side. He saw how Bible avoid his eyes when he looked at him. He swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Baiben I'm sorry about earlier, I'm just hurt with Kara's words and I thought it'll be good for the both of us if I distance myself and know my place in your life. I'm very sorry too if I can't remember you in my past life, I don't have a happy life before, my mind wanted to forget all those sufferings and loneliness. I can't recognized those faces who smiled at me but I still remember those faces who laughed at my misery. I can't even recall how I spent my birthdays before. I was so focus working my ass to earn money and to make a living. I'm very sorry but I will try to remember you"

The cold winds blows in his face. It tasted bitter just like his life.

"I always dreamed to have a comfortable life with my grandmother without any worries about money that's why in such young age I think practically in everything. I owe my life to my grandma and I'll do anything just to give her a life that is different from what we have before. Other people might called it greediness but for me I called it desperation. I'm very desperate to out from the mud of poverty"

"You can't blame me if I forgot my past because it brought too much pain to me. I would chose to have amnesia than to be poor again. Being poor means you don't have your world in your palm. Your world isn't complete and your world is not your own. You need to share it to other so you can live in your own" Build sighed as his eyes got teary again

He doesn't want to recall all of this but he also can't stand the disappointment of Bible for him. If ever they met before, that means his boss already knew him when he worked here and that means Bible saw his life before and only him can tell if Build made a progress in his life.

"I must be stupid for forgetting you but I'm also afraid about the fact that you saw my life before and now you will judge my current life"

A lone tears escaped from his eyes as he chuckled. He's always been a fragile. He's very weak.

"Yes I saw your life before apple but never once that I judged you. Instead I was proud that you came along this way with your perseverance and hardwork. I witnessed how your sweats fell because of working too much and how you tried to force a smile just to entertain your customers. Those moments made my heart fell for you. It brought electricity in my life and made me alive again. Don't ever think that I will judge you, I'm always be proud of you apple"

Build burst in cry when Bible looked at him with too much admiration. No bad judgement visible in his eyes. Only pride and proud.

"Like I said earlier you are my apple and I will bite you now because we met again"

His cries subsided, as his eyes widened at those words. Familiar words to him. He looked at Bible shocked. The man whispered something in his ears that felt like a tape that played in his mind.

"Save your lips and your delectable body for me apple, I will claim and bite it next time that we meet again"

His lips trembles as he now can remember clearly who was Bible in his life before. His both hands cupped the man's face and examined it intently.

Build's mouth agape when he became sure that his boss and that stranger who called him idiot in their first meet and calling him apple, are one.

How could I not recognize this handsome face?

That's why Baiben felt familiar but truly he can't recognized his face before. His tears rushing on his face as he throw himself in Bible's arms.

"Why did you disappeared before? You never showed your face again"

🌱L.N.B