Chapter 10

They both awoke in the morning, a mess of tangled sheets and limbs, neither bothering to redress after last night, instead enjoying the warmth of each others bodies combined with the crackling fireplace while they slept.

Florence woke first, which had become a common occurrence for them. She gave herself a quick wash and put on some fresh clothes ready to head back to London today to find the rest of their friends.

Sebastian awoke to the smell of tea brewing, Florence handing him a cup in bed. She sat on the edge of the bed, admiring Sebastian, the vial holding the compressed ancient magic still hanging from his neck, his lower half covered only by the blanket on the bed. She stared at his disheveled hair, messy from either the sex or the sleep. Maybe both. She watched his arms flex as he brought the tea cup to his mouth. She watched his throat bob when he swallowed. Her eyes traced down his body and admired the strong, freckle splattered upper torso he used to hold her up last night.

"My eyes are up here, Flossy." Sebastian commented, dragging Florence out of her day dream.

"I think today we will travel by the floo network." Florence suggested, choosing to ignore his quip. Sebastian peered down at his bare shoulder which looked even better than yesterday.

"I agree. I'm not too keen to try that again any time soon." He laughed, remembering the apparition incident.

They both gathered more supplies in their bags from the home and set off on foot to the floo point in Feldcroft. Florence went first, meeting Sebastian in Diagon Alley. The pair exited via The Leaky Cauldron and began to head towards the Ministry. When they arrived, they were greeted by carnage, it hadn't yet been repaired. It was also empty. There was not a witch or wizard in sight. Florence began to worry, she had no idea the whereabouts of any of their old Hogwarts classmates. Florence quickly changed their plans, guiding Sebastian to Poppy's apartment, only around the corner from hers. She was relieved when Poppy answered the door. She quickly pulled Poppy into her arms and gave her a long hug.

"Thank god you're alright!" Florence breathed into Poppy's hair. "What happened?"

"After you two apparated, many others noticed and did the same. I think they realised we couldn't win. When the goblins realised they had the upper hand, they grabbed who they could of who was left. Ominis was one of them. I had managed to get outside, myself. But... it's not good." Poppy informed them.

Sebastian took a step forward, concern written on his face. "Where is he now? Is he alright?"

"He's... at St. Mungos. They used Crucio on him. They wanted to know where your magic was, Florence... but, he didn't give in to them." Poppy told us hesitantly.

"We need to go there right now!" Sebastian said, gravely concerned for his friend. Without question, Florence agreed.

Poppy decided to follow them to St Mungos. The trio ran quickly down the streets of London until they reached the hospital disguised as a department store.

As she had done in her sixth year while returning to Hogwarts and entering Platform 9 and ¾, she approached the wall quickly and followed Poppy through the wall, almost falling through with Sebastian going after her. In their haste to reach Ominis quickly, Sebastian followed her too closely through the wall and fell into her as he exited, almost knocking her off her feet. He caught her before she fell, giving her a hug and laughing apologetically. He seemed to be holding her too long for Poppy's liking because she looked at the two of them when they let go of each other, her eyes narrowed and darted between the two of them, as they attempted to put space back between them.

"Oh my god, you've slept together, haven't you?" Poppy accused, throwing her arms up in annoyance.

"No!" Sebastian immediately said, getting on the defensive.