Chapter 24 - The Past

WARNING: This chapter contains explicit sexual content, reader discretion is advised.

*Florence and Seb are 18

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know what to feel, what to think. He's just confusing me!" Florence said in frustration, her jaw clenching at the thought of him.

"I'm going to need more context here." Samantha said.

Florence sighed hard, they had been keeping their romantic escapades hidden from everyone else, but Florence had to tell someone. She needed help, an opinion.

"He acts like he isn't interested, then takes me to hide and smothers me in love and kisses and affection. I don't know how to feel or what to do." Florence admitted.

Samantha's interest was suddenly piqued, sitting upright. "Wait, he's kissed you?! When?!"

"Many times. It's been going on for months." Florence said.

"What? Has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet?" Samantha says, shocked.

"No, and I don't think he ever will. He's content with this. He's happy but... he makes me feel like I'm not worth it or like he's embarrassed to be seen with me. He took me out to Madam Puddifoots tonight but not one romantic gesture occurred in there. We just... talked. But please don't tell anyone else about this. You're sworn to secrecy." Florence said exasperated.

"He sounds complicated, Florence..." Samantha said, quite unhelpfully.

Florence knew he was complicated. Nothing had ever been straight forward or easy with Sebastian. She was constantly battling between her head and heart. Between what she wanted and what was right but her heart always won. But this time, she felt like he was toying with her, her heart was hurting. She knew she had to speak with him.

After Samantha's extremely unhelpful advice, she went straight to her dorm and fell asleep in her robes, laying on top of her bed, her mind still spinning with too many thoughts.

The next morning was Saturday. The big Slytherin party was tonight. She drew herself a bath and soaked herself in it for an hour. She washed her hair, shaved and made herself feel as good as she could about herself. She dressed in dark, black, tight pants and threw on a thick, navy woollen jumper and her black boots. She ate breakfast alone, Sebastian was nowhere to be seen. In fact, she went most of the day without seeing him, until she was leaving the library in the afternoon after completing some potions study.

"Hey, you." he said, crossing paths with her in the hall.

"Hey yourself. I haven't seen you around today." Florence questioned him.

"Sorry, I've been nose deep in some reading in my dormitory today. You're still coming tonight, aren't you?" Sebastian asked, referring to the party.

"Wouldn't miss it." Florence lied. She really wasn't keen to be attending this party just to engage in some idle chit chat with other students and no doubt, Sebastian, but she knew she needed to make at least a small appearance.

"Good. I will see you there." He said, before leaving to go back to the dungeons.

--

It came time for the party and Florence changed into something a bit more appropriate for a night time event. She decided her favourite light blue button up dress with subtle puffed shoulders would be best. She didn't bother doing much with her hair, though she had to push past all the other 6th and 7th years fighting for a spot in the mirror to make themselves look their best just to wash her face. She tied her long, blonde hair into a braid that fell down across one shoulder. It will do, she wasn't trying to impress anyone.