Chapter 51

Florence woke up curled next to Sebastian who had already fallen asleep laying down on the lounge by the time she arrived back from Hogsmeade. She woke up first, struggling to get off the lounge. Her back ached from the uncomfortable position she'd been in all night. She softly woke Sebastian to let him know they had to go back to London, being quiet enough to not disturb Anne. They both had work to get to.

Florence confidently apparated them both to the familiar alleyway in London with a crack. Sebastian checked for limbs less and less each time she did it, clearly getting more comfortable with her apparition skills.

"I'll have to help you pass that exam one day." She laughed at him as he counted his fingers to make sure they were all attached.

They changed their outfits and tidied themselves up, making themselves presentable for the office. Sebastian actually took a comb to his hair, slicking it to one side. He confidently pulled his tie all the way up, instead of a little loose as he usually did.

"You look rather dashing this morning." Florence commented, brushing her hair. "What's so special about today?"

"I don't know. Can't a man make himself look nice?" he argued back with a smirk on his face.

Florence huffed and sat on the lounge, reaching out lazily for her boots. It had become routine now for Sebastian to put them on for her. It was the least he could do for her considering she had to lug around his child with his exceptionally large head all day long.

They walked together to the Ministry, going their separate ways in the lobby as Sebastian wasn't due back at Gringotts yet after his special leave. Surprisingly, Florence's workload wasn't too busy today. A lot had been completed in her absence thankfully. She assumed Gerard or Leyton had her work taken care of for her.

Lunch came around quickly and Sebastian appeared at her desk with two sandwiches in hand.

"Shall we?" he ushered her outside to a small garden.

They sat in front of a perfectly manicured hedge, the stone bench cold on Florence's legs.

"I've got a meeting this afternoon." Sebastian stated.

"Oh? What for? Are you fired?" Florence asked, wanting to be joking but somewhat serious.

"Nah. Probably just some damage control for my name popping up in the Daily Prophet." He said, finishing the last of his sandwich. "Oh. Look over there."

He pointed to the opposite side of the small garden where he saw Poppy and Ominis enjoying each others company again. Ominis held one of Poppy's hand and he stroked it gently while he whispered something to her closely in her ear.

"Nauseating." He said.

"You realise this is probably how they both felt about us in the past?" Florence laughed.

"Yeah... but, that's my best friend. And your best friend. It's... weird."

Florence laughed hard, throwing him a look as if to say 'are you serious?'

"Alright, I get it. But it's super weird. Ominis and Poppy? Who would have thought..." he trailed off.

He excused himself, heading back inside to get back to work.

The rest of the workday passed quickly, Florence satisfied with how much she achieved. It felt reassuring to be back doing her usual routine again after the chaos she always seemed to find herself in lately. She had one more month until she was finished work before the baby arrived. Sebastian met her at her desk again and they clocked off for the day together before leaving the Ministry and strolling casually down the streets.