Chapter 31

WARNING: This chapter contains explicit sexual content, reader discretion is advised

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They decided to spend the rest of their afternoon and night in Feldcroft and head back to London in the morning. They took their time walking down the hills, taking in the peaceful views of a now free Feldcroft. Florence was never able to truly admire it's beauty while she was at school because of Goblin rebellions. It was a warmer than usual day, their walk causing the both of them to begin to sweat.

"Can we have a break?" Florence asked, sitting on a rock at the cliff face, looking down into the Hamlet.

Sebastian nodded and joined her, removing his sweater and rolling his shirt up to expose his sun kissed, freckled forearms. He undid two of his top buttons on his crisp, white shirt. His freckled chest now slightly exposed. Florence did the same, removing her outer layers and loosening her blouse slightly in an attempt to cool down a little. The afternoon sun burned down on them, Sebastian's thick hair gaining a slightly golden glow. His hair was sweaty and some strands stuck to his head. Florence pulled her long, blonde hair off her neck and did a quick braid.

"How do you do that?" Sebastian asked amazed, pointing at her hair.

"Practice. I can teach you one day." Florence laughed.

"I think I'll leave that to you." he chuckled back at her. "It does look good wrapped around my hand though."

"Oh, stop it." Florence laughed, nudging him with her elbow.

Florence scanned the skyline, able to see the coast in the distance as the sun was dipping lower and lower on the horizon.

"Isn't it beautiful?" she commented, admiring the orange tinged sky.

"It sure is." Sebastian replied.

Florence turned to look at him realising he was already looking at her when he had spoken those words.

"I never told you were beautiful enough and I'm sorry. I'm forever grateful you gave me a second chance. You had absolutely no reason to. But I promise that every day for the rest of my life, I will continue to make it up to you. You have me forever." He said.

Florence had heard that before from Sebastian. But, she felt inclined to believe him this time. She dug her head into him and he wrapped his arm around her, leaning down and kissing her on her sweaty forehead.

"Shall we keep moving?" he said, taking her hand and lifting her off the rock.

Florence let out an audible groan as she begrudgingly pulled her body off the rock and began to follow him down the cliff face into Feldcroft.

They arrived at dusk, quickly heading into the house to start the fire before it got too cold. Sebastian went out to the back of the house to collect more fire and returned with another hot loaf of bread from the neighbours.

"Supper is served." He announced plopping the bread on the table. Florence cut up some of the loaf, the house filling with the smell of the freshly baked dough. Sebastian lit the fire and they each got comfortable, kicking off their boots and removing their sweaty, tight clothing and replacing them with blankets to wrap around themselves. They enjoyed tea and the bread around the small table, using the fire to warm their bodies up after the sudden night-time temperature drop.

"So, I had a thought about how I can help you protect the magic." Sebastian began, a mouthful of warm, buttered bread.

Florence put her teacup back on the table, looking at Sebastian intently.