Chapter 48

Sebastian followed Gerard into the room he'd been in every day for the past almost 2 weeks. He felt uneasy, sick to his stomach. He sat down on the chair and breathed in, waiting. As he'd done every day, he took a cruciatus curse in the chest. His body crumpled and slid off the chair. His movements were uncontrolled, muscles in spasm as every bone is his body felt like they were being snapped simultaneously. He had created a coping mechanism in his mind, learning to control his thoughts despite the fiery pain shooting through each nerve in his body.

He cast his mind to last night, remembering the feeling of Florence's mouth on his, how it felt to be so close to her after so long.

He thought about the coconuty smell of her hair as she buried her head in the nape of his neck.

He thought of tracing his fingers down her soft skin, cupping her perfectly rounded breasts.

He thought about the sparks he felt when her body accepted him with ease.

He thought about her face when he made her come.

He thought of when he was stabbed, watching the fear in her eyes and the colour drain from her face.

He thought of the tearful vows they took as he thought he laid dying on the floor.

He thought of returning early from Egypt to surprise her with the ring he'd collected diamonds for himself, one's that were as crystal clear as her blue eyes.

He thought of finding out he was going to be a father, feeling scared but also grateful that it was Florence who he was doing it wit.

He thought of her saving his life when he went diving in the Black Lake.

He thought of Florence convincing Anne to see him again.

He thought of the first time he saw Florence in London after he had broken up with her five years before and the aching feeling he got in his heart.

"S... s... st... op." he groaned through gritted teeth.

Gerard lowered his wand instantly.

"No... more..." he said, panting hard to catch his breath as his muscles slowly returned to the control of his brain. He wiped the sweat off his brow, brushing his brown hair back off his forehead and blinking hard to get his eyes to adjust.

"Are you tapping out? You're done?" Gerard asked.

"No... I... remember... I... Florence..." he grunted.

"You remember?" Gerard looked at his wide eyed.

"Y...es... I need... her..." Sebastian responded, trying to climb onto his hands and knees to pick himself up off the floor.

"Here. Let me help." Gerard said, scooping up Sebastian as he struggled to catch his feet, wobbling as he stood.

Gerard helped him to walk back to the room, Sebastian slumping on his bed for a few moments. He gained his composure and stood up to look at Gerard.

"Can I leave?" he asked, still sweating.

"Well, I'd usually have to say no, because-" Gerard began.

"Great. Thanks." Sebastian said cutting Gerard off and nudging past him quickly and taking off out of the room and walking as fast as he could out of the Ministry.

He walked fast to not draw attention to himself down the streets of London despite his pained, sweaty, unkempt looks, taking in all the sights he could now remember. He knew to make a left turn down this street, walk straight for two streets then take a right. He reached the house that matched the memory in his head and stood out the front, taking it in. He remembered holding Florence to sleep, the fire cracking in the background inside that house. He remembered eating many meals at the small round dining table that made his heart and belly warm. He remembered walking through the door and asking his soulmate to marry him, even though he didn't believe in that kind of stuff.