Chapter 40

WARNING: This chapter contains explicit sexual content, reader discretion is advised

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'big secret', as Sebastian affectionately called it, wasn't mentioned again by anyone in attendance at the dinner for weeks. Florence and Poppy kept working at the Ministry, business as usual. Sebastian was working back at Gringotts after his stint in Egypt. They actually hadn't seen Ominis lately.

Florence sat at her desk, finding it hard to focus on her seemingly never-ending pile of paperwork on her desk. She moved her left hand back and forth, casting small rainbows from the lights above with her ring. She was still in awe that he had found those diamonds himself and thought of Florence. She never really considered herself a materialistic person, but she was more than happy to have everyone see the stunning, custom made intention to marry on her finger given to her by the hottest man in the Northern Hemisphere she was lucky enough to call hers. She almost didn't look up when she heard Ominis calling her name from above her desk.

"Hello? Florence? Can you hear me?" he said.

"Oh. Sorry, hi Ominis." Florence said, shocked to see him standing over her desk as she hadn't seen him since the night they all came over for dinner.

"Deep in thought?" he asked

"Something like that. What can I do for you?" she asked.

"There is potentially a large collaboration coming up soon. They want people from almost every department there. I'll be representing my office and I believe Sebastian will in attendance with a few other curse-breakers." He explained.

"Alright." She said, diverting her attention back to her work.

"I have put your name up for recommendation for the Muggle department. Your skills are extraordinary and I believe you are severely underused here. So, I was hoping you'd agree to join us next week." Ominis said.

Florence's eyes moved back up from her work to Ominis.

"Well, it sounds more fun than this so... count me in." Florence said.

"Good. I'll talk to you later." Ominis said, excusing himself.

Florence and Sebastian finally finished work at a similar time so they were able to walk home together. Florence had been walking alone since Poppy was completing some 'overtime' with Ominis most days lately, so she was glad to have the company.

While she prepared them dinner, Sebastian began to fill her in on the intricate details Ominis had failed to tell her about the work assignment they'd all been given.

"So, I was told there's some tensions bubbling between muggles and wizards somewhere in the North they anticipate is going to tip over. They've got obliviators going, curse-breakers, Ominis is going to represent the misuse office and they want someone good with muggles. You're clearly the best for the job." Sebastian explained.

"Isn't it risky? I've been behind a desk my whole career, I don't know what I'm doing out on the field." Florence said, worried while stirring the pot of soup she was making.

"I'm sure they'll teach you. I've got lots of meetings about it coming up, I'll let you know what I find out."

As she continued simmering the soup, she smiled lightly. He'd become such a positive force lately, never letting her stay down for long. He always was one to continue to see the bright side and never give up on something as evident by his never waivering passion for helping Anne. He didn't speak of it much these days, but she always caught him up late reading or researching something.