Chapter 49

They awoke in the morning, both not having much of a sleep at all. Florence had closed her eyes, though sleep never came and she felt Sebastian doing the same beside her. He was afraid to fall sleep, worried the nightmares would happen again.

She rolled over to look at him as the sun peeped through the window, kissing every tiny freckle splattered across his face, noticing it also drew attention to the dark bags under his eyes.

It was Saturday. Which meant they had the weekend to recoup before both returning to work next week. Florence was worried for Sebastian's career. He had been doing amazing work as a curse-breaker and had trained well to keep his old fiery emotions in check. But, she was so worried this experience was going to ruin him. Destroy his emotional control, end his fabulous career that he loved and felt meaning in. She didn't know what Monday morning would bring, but she decided to place her worries aside and give Sebastian a weekend where he could try and enjoy himself and forget the past few weeks.

She brewed them both a tea and brought it to Sebastian who was sitting up in bed, enjoying the warm sun beaming on his bare chest.

"Thanks, my love." Sebastian said, taking the cup between his hands and using it to warm himself before taking a sip.

Florence climbed back into the bed, sipping her own brew, shuffling closer to Sebastian to also take advantage of the sun.

"I was thinking we could see Anne today." Florence suggested.

"I'd like that. I'm hoping she hasn't read the Daily Prophet and if she did, Ominis has spoken to her." Sebastian said.

"Alright, I'll send her an owl." Florence said, shuffling back out of the bed and heading to the dining table.

She pulled out some parchment and a quill Sebastian had left on the bookshelf and wrote a short letter to Anne asking her to meet them in Hogsmeade tonight for a drink and meal at The Three Broomsticks.

"Alright, get up." She told Sebastian, pulling the covers off him, exposing his legs and boxers.

"Hey!" he said, trying to pull the blanket back up to stay warm.

"We're going in 15 minutes." She called, exiting the room, her braid swishing as she turned.

She washed her face in the bathroom sink, trying to wash away the evidence of her lack of sleep from the night before. She redid her messy braid and pulled on a white button up blouse, realising it was becoming too small for her now. She sighed as she struggled to button her pants, making a mental note to visit Gladrags for some larger clothing when she got to Hogsmeade. She exited the bathroom to find her still-shirtless new husband standing by the door, waiting for her.

"Took you long enough." He chuckled, passing her with a smile as he went into the bathroom himself, clothes in hand.

She laughed back, shaking her head, glad he had maintained his sense of humour.

He emerged from the bathroom shortly after wearing a dark blue shirt, two buttons left undone with a loose tie and brown slacks. He walked to the door and picked up his worn brown boots, sliding them on.

"Maybe you can grab a new pair today." Florence said.

"What's wrong with these boots? Where are you taking me anyway?" he asked, walking over to her as he noticed Florence struggling to bend over to pull on her own boots on, kneeling in front of her and lifting her foot up and sliding it on for her and lacing them up.

"You'll see." Florence smiled.

"You know I'm not one for surprises." Sebastian said, raising a brow at her.