Chapter 15

Sebastian picked up Roscoe's unconscious, charm-bound body and threw it over his shoulder. They left the catacombs quickly, leaving Natty and Professor Onai behind until they could alert Professor Weasley to what had happened.

They met Officer Singer in Hogsmeade, who took a now awake and concious Roscoe from Sebastian and thanked them for their help. The trio walked to Hogwarts in silence, Florence in the middle with Sebastian holding one hand and Poppy holding the other, all three still wiping tears from their faces. Even though they'd all had fraught relationships with each other it was as if this experience had brought them all closer.

Florence knocked softly on Professor Weasley's classroom door when they arrived. She was shocked to see the three of them standing at the door when she answered it.

"Professor Weasley, I'm afraid we have some awful news." Florence said, as they entered the Transfiguration classroom and all sat around the desks.

Florence explained the events that unfolded in the catacombs, choosing to omit the part about casting the killing curse on Natsai, instead telling her she had succumbed to her injuries. Professor Weasley looked solemn, giving the trio her condolences but thanking them for their efforts again.

"Leave it to me. I will let you know what I have planned for them. Thank you for coming to me, this is a huge loss to our community, I sincerely hope you can all heal from this." Professor Weasley said. Florence swore she saw her wiping away a tear as they turned to leave.

They decided to head back to London, they would see Ominis tomorrow and try and relax after the exhausting few weeks they had experienced. They headed back to Hogsmeade in the cool autumn air and caught the last train for the evening.

Poppy fell asleep almost immediately after they got on the carriage, laying down on one seat and using her arm as a pillow.

Sebastian sat against the window, lifting his arm up to allow Florence to tuck in under his armpit and rest her head on his chest. Florence began to silently cry, allowing the tears to roll down her cheeks and land softly on Sebastian's trousers.

"Florence, you did the right thing." Sebastian reassured her as he noticed her silent sobs, running his hand up and down her arm gently.

"I know. But why does it feel so wrong?" she sobbed.

"It does. Trust me. Even if you think it's justified, you'll remember it forever. I've always said they call it unforgivable because you will never, ever forgive yourself for using it. But it does get easier. I promise." He replied, snuggling in to her hair.

She cried herself to sleep in his arms.

--

Poppy awoke them as the train pulled into London in the wee hours of the morning.

"Now, that's picture perfect." She said with a small laugh, startling Florence.

Florence blinked, her eyes adjusting to the morning sun peeping through the glass. Sebastian had slumped over onto the train window, his hair, dusty from the catacombs, squashed against the glass and his mouth slightly open emitting a small amount of drool. His arm was still firmly supporting Florence who slept against his chest.

"Hey. Wake up, we're here." Florence said softly, poking him in the ribs.

Sebastian woke startled, wiping the saliva pooling from his mouth with the back of his hand and standing up to stretch his arms, his shirt lifting slightly giving Florence a peek at his hips.

"Stop staring, McCallister." he said, bringing his arms down from his yawn and stretch and using one hand to grab her face, squeezing her cheeks together to make her pout.