43. Your

AIRI

I was staring at a Sandro Marcos na may FAM sign na shirt. They were delivered this morning here at the Marcos home. It felt weird that I am campaigning for him too. Kung dati na okay kami I can. Siguro ibabandila ko pa yung tshirt but now, parang gusto kong tadyadakan at gawin na pamunas sa kasulok-sulokan ng bahay nila. Not kidding.

I caught Vinny staring at me while I was staring at the shirt.

"Sorry Airi. Next week pa daw yung shirt ni Pops." He said. Nakapagpalit na siya ng shirt na gaya nung akin with his plain black pants and sneakers. Red suits him.

Sumimangot ako. "I guess I'll just have to endure it."

"Or you can just wear a plain red shirt if you want. Meron ako." He suggested.

I shook my head. "It's okay."

I walked in the bathroom without waiting for his reply.

---

The place we went to was in Batac, Ilocos Norte. Our campaign for Sandro was only temporary according to Vinny. They have organizers and planners on the upcoming campaigns of tito Bong, if it was still okay to call him that.

"You should try the empanada here Airi." Vinny spoke while we walked in the streets, waving to people and eventually shaking hands with them. I did the same like a real girlfriend would do.

"Sure." I answered back.

Moments later may narinig kaming sigawan. It was a group of teenage kids who where screaming at Vinny's direction.

"Viiiiinnnnnyyy!!!!"

"I won't mind if you become their president." Vinny joked beside me while waving and smiling at them.

I made a face. "Fan girl ang peg."

Vinny laughed and did not mind me. He approached them and took a picture with them as they requested. Feelingero. Si Sandro naman ang tumatakbo hindi si Vinny. Bakit need pang magpa-picture kay Vinny? As if interesado sa politics yan.

"Jealous?" Vinny asked, smiling as soon as he got back.

"Hindi. Tigilan mo ako." I replied, widening my eyes.

"You can take a picture with me if you want. Just say the word Airi." He teased.

"Utang na loob tigilan mo akong hayop ka. Feeling ka masyado."

He laughed wholeheartedly. I think that's the first time I saw him laugh that way aside from the videos I see in the internet. He messed with my hair and took my hands as we walked the streets with the campaign. I may have felt something move that moment.

---

Pagod ako na humiga sa kama pagka-uwi namin. I was too tired to even take a shower but I know I should because it's not my bed and nakakahiyang tumabi kay Vinny na ganito ako. Samantalang siya, parang hindi manlang pinagpawisan at mukha pa rin siyang fresh. Sumimangot ako. Sana all na lang.

"Good news Airi. We leave for Manila two days from now." Vinny announced as soon as he came into his room.

"Tapos?" I asked, sounding tired and uninterested.

"I'm being sent out to Davao to campaign and the rest of the schedule will be informed by the assistant na tutulong sa akin. I'm guessing we'll cover Mindanao for the whole campaign period because apparently, Simon was assigned in Cebu." He informed me.

"Makiki-swim with shark si Simon." I muttered.

Vincent laughed. "It's not like he'll go for tours during the campaign. Well, it can be possible if they can spare him some time or if he has time since he has his own work as well."