24. Hold

Hello! Kamusta ka? :))

AIRI

What if I am just dreaming and in reality, I am still in a relationship with Paulo? What if habang nananaginip ako ay they are fucking beside me? OMG how creepy is that.

"Why did you close it?!" Sandro exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts.

"Kabado ako!" I hissed.

We were supposed to check if I passed my thesis and if I was part of the graduating student but I chickened out and closed the laptop as soon as the page of the student portal loaded. Hindi ko kayang tignan. I closed it and thought of things to make me calm down hanggang dumating ako sa imagination ko nab aka nananaginip lang ako.

"It will be fine," Sandro replied confidently. Buti pa ito confident sa akin. "You did good on your defense. I promise you that." He told me and kissed my knuckles.

And just like that, my defences weakened and wanted what he did. My hypothalamus sent signal to my heart to beat erratically. It also sent signal to the caterpillars, telling them to wriggle. Aba'y mga hangal na nilalang sa aking katawan.

"Gaano ka ka-sure?" I asked him.

He raised a brow. "A thousand percent sure Cinnamon. Come on, have you no faith in yourself? I am a living proof that you have studied hard and researched hard for that thesis. It's impossible that you wouldn't pass. I highly doubt that Airi."

I nibbled my lower lip while looking at him. Sandro smiled and opened my laptop. I jumped to him to pull him away but he was too strong. Sinandal ko na lang ulo ko sa likod niya habang kinakabahan na baka hindi ako nakapasa.

"Did I fail?" I whispered.

"That's not the right question."

"Ihhh kasi."

I felt him hold me and turned around to face me with a serious look on his face.

"Hala hindi ako pumasa?" I asked nervously.

He just looked at me silently. Ano bay an pinapakaba ako lalo. Napaka-seryoso ng mata.

"You fucking passed!" He shouted.

My eyes widened and quickly went to look at the laptop. Fucking hell. I fucking passed with uno grade. I looked at him and jumped to his embrace then kissed him. I felt him laugh in between our kisses.

"Oh my gosh." I mumbled, still clinging to him while my legs were wrapped around my waist.

"Happy?" He asked, smiling.

"Fuck yeah." I replied.

Sandro kissed me lightly on the lips. "I am proud of you, Airi. I mean it." He cajoled.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

He kissed me on the forehead. Honestly. I do not know what I would do if Sandro wasn't here with me. I would have probably dropped school, went to look for a rich sugar daddy and whored myself out. Joke. Motivated naman ako mag-aral pero minsan lumiliko ako ng destinasyon.

"We'll celebrate it together after graduation. I'll be with you in that hall while you get your diploma. I'll be the one wearing red and cheering for you amongst the crowd." He told me. Sandro sat down on the couch, still carrying me like a baby.

I pressed my lips together. "And I would do the same on your graduation. I'll be the one wearing a huge cardboard saying 'We Made It Sandwo'." I told him, giggling.

He laughed and pulled my nape to kiss me more. His kisses are really growing on me.

SANDRO

I have read it once that Economic growth is essential. It gave me thoughts that it applies to oneself. Ever since I have met Airi, I saw changes in me that I did not even notice until they tell me about it.

I think it's a good change and part of growth where you would prefer being with her on the weekends and do chores together. It think it's a good change when she makes you want to go home early after school and after work. I think it's a good change when you are always motivated to do things especially when it comes to helping her achieve her dreams.

Yes. I think growth in so many aspects is essential.

"Ferdinand Alexander Araneta Marcos III!" The host announced my name as a queue for me to go up on stage and take my diploma.

There was a huge smile on my face as I walked on that stage with my toga. There was something different about it. I saw Airi with her banner saying 'We Made it Sandwo'. My smile grew wider as I was given my diploma. Airi was cheering for me in the background with my parents. She was the one who made me feel different.

---

"One, two, three!" Airi shouted as she took a photo of me with my parents.

Mom had a huge smile on her face as she clung to my arm. "Oh my panganay has already graduated." She said as if she was reminiscing.

I laughed. "Well. I made it." I told her.

She smiled. "Did you take a picture with Airi? She's your biggest fan in that crowd."

I chuckled and glanced at Airi who was poking Simon as if she just told him a joke and he did not like it. "She is mom and I think I would feel empty if she wasn't in that crowd."

Mom laughed and pinched my cheeks. "As much as I wish the two of you would end up together, I hope you know your priorities before settling down," I raised a brow. She rolled my eyes at me. "Yes I know. I asked you before about marriage but on the serious note, I wish you wouldn't rush it. Take things slow before deciding on getting married." She told me.

I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Don't worry. Airi and I are not rushing ahead. We have a timeline."

Airi came up to us and smiled. "Picture tayo Sandwo." She chirped.

Mom took stepped aside and told Airi to pose beside me. She smiled as I put my arms around her shoulders. She was still holding the banner from a while ago.

"Thank you for being here Airi. It means so much to me." I told her.

She smiled. "I am glad to be part of this chapter of your life Sandwo." Her smile was so radiating that she looked so beautiful in my eyes.

And as if on queue that Secondhand Serenade song played in my mind.

Turn around, turn around

And fix your eye in my direction

So there is a connection

I can't speak, I can't make a sound

To somehow capture your attention

I'm staring at perfection

Take a look at me so you can see

How beautiful you are

---

Vote niyo para makilig ako. Chz