Prologue

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Somewhere I hope that you are with me.

I'm not angry even though the promise you made, were broken.

Because it's not your fault.

It's no one fault.

We are just a human bounded by this cruel reality.

From the beginning,
we aren't mean to be.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

"Dokja ya, wait for me. When we meet again, I'll make you mine. I promise!"

"...Then, when we meet again. You need to stay by my side forever!"

With a tinted red shade on their cheeks, they grinned.

The promise were made.

Who knows it will end up like this?

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

I opened my eyes to look back at my smartphone. I shouldn't think about the past anymore.

“Ah, hello.”

“Are you going home from work?”

“Yes. What about Yoo Sangah-ssi?”

“I was lucky. The manager went on a business trip today.”

Yoo Sangah sat down as soon as the seat next to me became vacant. A subtle scent came from her shoulders, making me nervous.

“Do you normally take the subway?”

“That…”
Yoo Sangah made a dark expression.

Who knew that someone would steal her bicycle? And I also don't know that Yoo Sangah-ssi commuted a bike to go to work.

We did converse a little while and I got to know that Yoo Sangah-ssi is currently studying Spanish language.

Of course I'd say that I am studying Korean because I often read the novel.

“It has been a year since I joined the company. This is my last year. Time moves really fast.”

“Yes. At that time, we both knew nothing, right?”

“That’s right. It seems like just yesterday, but the contract period is already over.”

The topic somehow become uncomfortable to both of us. Yoo Sangah got promoted to a full-time employee anyway.

"But, did you know when Haemin-ssi will come back to Seoul?"

She tried to change the topic but somehow now I am the one who became uncomfortable with the new topic of conversation.

"Well, who knows. Maybe next week?"

"I thought Dokja-ssi and Haemin-ssi were close."

I shook my head with a smile.
"Ah we're not that close. We just coincidentally have a same interest."

Yoo Sangah did not ask further and I am thankfull for that.

We are not close anymore. And I hate that thought very much.

Coincidentally.

It's not something I would always say because the events in my life are not coincidence at all.

Everything bounded to happen must have a cause. Wether it's a good cause or a bad cause.

Ting!

Cha Haemin
» Dokja-ssi, let's meet next week at the usual place?

I subconsciously smiled after reading the new message. Maybe it's better like this. I wanted to be selfish but it's not good for her.

Kim Dokja
«Yes, that sounded good.

After I replied to her, I got an email from someone I know. TLS123.

And who knows that my life would change drastically today.

The first thought that came to my mind after the first scenario begin is..

I just hope that she is safe and we'll meet again in this new world.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

<ORV>
My new fanfic which will contain a slight spoiler of my book 'Lost and TAKE' because these two stories were connected.

(20/3/2023)