32: waiting is painful (if you're alone)

A/n we have start my favourite arc (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

[Sub-scenario, 'Genre Selection', has begun!]

Ricardo gazed at the pitched black liquid filling up his transparent cup and recalled the memories of the distant past. All he did was rejected and ridiculed.

Ricardo drank himself into insensibility every single day. He hung around with the archipelago's worst thugs and did drugs. He even became addicted to gambling and splurged away the fortunes of his family.

"I'll just kill myself."

That intention was the first time he swallowed the brave pill in his life. His complexion became dark and lifeless, and his arms fell to the side with no energy.

Then, exactly four hours later. Someone else opened his eyes in Ricardo's body.

~

Blerghh!

He vomited the content from his stomach. Someone was patting him on the back before he looked up to see his reflection on the mirror. A handsome and pale face was looking back at him.

This is his face but something feels unfamiliar to him.

[Exclusive skill, 'The Fourth Wall', is strongly activating!]

He slowly closed his eyes before opening them again, and was immediately overcome with the sensation of the world separating itself from him.

['The Fourth Wall' has impeded your character immersion.]

[Due to the effect of 'The Fourth Wall', your ego has been fully retained.]

Finally, he regained his memories before. About the Great War of Saints and Demons and the Main Island he just entered.

Now he remembered.

After asking for water and drinking it, his reasoning returned bit by bit. Kim Dokja was in the body of a man who has lived for over 30 years, named Ricardo Von Kaizenix.

Kim Dokja opened his or this body's Attribute Window. When he read further he questioned himself, why is he stuck in such a guy's body? His overall stats were ridiculously low.

While he was recalling his thoughts, someone knocked on his door and his knight escort, Bilston Framer was there to inform his that 'his' majesty was calling for him.

When Kim Dokja/Ricardo saw the face of his knight escort he felt familiarity. Rush of memories came towards him.

"...Hyunsung-ssi?"

However Lee Hyunsung or now Knight Bilston thought he was roleplaying right now.

When he looked at Knight Bilston's Attribute Window, he finally knew the reason. Lee Hyunsung has been swallowed by the giant story of this world, Kaizenix Archipelago.

He walked along with Knight Bilston to somewhere while having a conversation with him. The sense of familiarity is strong when Knight Bilston didn't stop talking about their past together until they arrived at the audience chamber.

Kim Dokja was weirded out when he saw the royal guards lining up on either side of the red carpet. The captain of the guards, dressed up in the silver crest, stood proudly in the middle.

Kim Dokja recognized the sword that was held by the guard captain, Erich Striker who he had no doubt was Jung Heewon.

But then he realised why he was brought here when he saw the guillotine. This is his execution. He walked into his own execution himself. Great.