29: the awaiting truth

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

His breathing was becoming erratic. His hands were shaking and his eyes were stinging.

'This is a lie, right?'

He couldn't step forward into the room. Afraid, too afraid to face the reality.

"Her condition is not the same as Yoo Sangah-ssi and Lee Sookyung-ssi. She is not in the state of broken stories. Her injury has healed completely."

So what is it? Why is she lying there?

"Comatose state. We didn't know when she would wake up."

Kim Dokja chewed his bottom lips.

"She might not even wake up anymore."

Kim Dokja looked down. What the hell? He thought, after five days of unconsciousness due to the probability storm hit him, there was nothing he should worry about.

Hah.

Kim Dokja choked a huff. Is that why the Fourth Wall said it is too late?

"We have tried everything. We managed to resuscitate her. We also monitored her brain activity and fortunately nothing serious happened. However, there might be something that we overlook so we'd need to monitor her further."

The beeping sound that echoed in the room was making him annoyed.

Doesn't she say they'll have a talk after this? Doesn't she say she'd explain?

"It has been four days since then. I'm afraid that she is the one who chose to not wake up."

"...What do you mean by that?"

Lee Seolhwa pursed her lips. Her eyes darted on the woman lying on the bed who was supported by the medical machine.

"You know when someone is in a comatose state, they might still hear and feel the touch of others. If that person has a will to live, they might wake up but if they're not...."

"What do you want to emphasise by that, Seolhwa-ssi?"

Lee Seolhwa looked back at Kim Dokja.

"I don't want to accuse anything but, Haemin-ssi might... have given up."

Kim Dokja looked up at Lee Seolhwa. His face was showing a painful look.

"Impossible. She wouldn't -"

She is not Cha Haemin.

Kim Dokja stopped talking in an instant. How can he know when that woman is not Cha Haemin. Does he know something about that person? He didn't even know that person's name.

However, that person knew about him.

Why? Why can't they be the same person? Why must she make him like this? Why is she not Cha Haemin but acts like her so much? Is he the one being blind due to love?

"She hides her injury during the main scenario 60th. She also ran away from here. She left a letter and an only item that could heal her. She could survive but she chose not to. Do you understand what that means, Dokja-ssi?"

Lee Seolhwa didn't need to explain further. It is easy to understand now.

Cha Haemin has given up.

But why? He thought she was so determined to explain to him. He thought she would wait. What makes her give up all of the sudden?

Kim Dokja widened his eyes.

"Let's not meet for the time being."

No way.