20: back to the 'future'

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

"Haemin."

"Yes?"

Kim Dokja pursed his lips while looking at her. It has been three days since the death of Yoo Joonghyuk and the apocalypse dragon would be released at any moment.

He can't fathom what she feels right now. However, he knew she did not receive what has happened three days ago with open heart.

Eyebags were formed under her eyes. Did she even get a wink of sleep? He already told her to rest her eyes even for a little bit, but is she even get to sleep peacefully?

Not like he can say the same to himself.

If he took a second to look into the mirror, he would notice the resemblance of fatigue on both of their faces. However, Kim Dokja was someone who was good at pretending to be fine.

Cha Haemin who noticed the frown that slowly forming on Kim Dokja's face began to look down. She shouldn't be like this.

Looking at her hand and crumpling the chocolate bar's wrapper that was given by the protagonist to her the other day. The sound of the plastic was satisfying in her ears before she pocketed the wrapper.

Kim Dokja who was lost in thought flinched slightly when he felt something touched his hand. He blinked his eyes when he saw that her downcast expression has gone.

She smiled at him like she used to.

"Let's go."

He grabbed her hand tightly.

"...Yes."

He wouldn't question if she is okay. He wouldn't pressure her at this moment. After they go back, he will make sure he stays by her side whenever.

Kim Dokja has told everything to Lee Hyunsung regarding what they can do now. From avoiding the disaster of the apocalypse dragon to gaining new stories and items. He also handed over the list of the strongest people.

What he has confirmed here is he got to know that Han Sooyoung would not leave this world even though she has cleared the Outer World Covenant.

Without her, the people in this round will die.

Regarding Uriel, it also has been settled by Jophiel decision of staying in this worldline. It was a hasty decision that might cost her to not be able to go back however, the archangel has made her decision.

In exchange that Kim Dokja would tell the scribe about what happened here.

They walked outside of the base hand in hand, seeing the others are there to send them off.

"What did you talk with Han Sooyoung earlier?"

Oh yeah, she had the 'talk' with Han Sooyoung just now.

"Nothing important."

Kim Dokja raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so?"

She bumped her body against his playfully.

"You'll know in the future, I'm sure of it."

Kim Dokja tilted his head.

'In the future.'

He somehow likes the sound of it. By that, he has the hope that Cha Haemin would be with him in his future. Their future.

Kim Dokja turned his head and saw Han Sooyoung staring at him with her unique disgruntled face. He handed her a wrinkled notebook. Han Sooyoung bluntly wondered.