Seven: miss ma'am thats dangerous

FINNICK

°•. ✿ .•°

Seeder is smiling, almost knowingly, as we watch her tributes partner up and navigate the now-empty meadow. They pick up seemingly random plants and just start shoving them in a pack that they picked up after the bloodbath. Suddenly, the camera cuts to Daphne.

Oh, her biome is both beautiful and deadly.

She's poking a stick in the water, her face scrunched up. A rainbow of colors illuminates her face from the wildlife as she performs some sort of test.

"Surprised she's alive?" Brutus questions as he downs his entire drink.

"No." I admit. I'm more shocked that Neptune made it out, but I don't say that. "She's adaptive and nature-oriented, I'll give her that. She did say so."

"Yeah, but she doesn't have anything." Brutus replies.

"She's got a brain." Mags nods. "She'll find her way."

Will she?

The camera cuts to Bellona, who is making her way through the ruined city. She only has a small pack and a knife to arm her, but she's made the unusual decision of allying with the boy from 3. He's smart and beefy, so I guess it makes sense this time. He keeps telling her not to step in certain places, not to cut herself on this, random architecture comments about some stupid building.

"It looks like your girl," Cecelia remarks. "is the only one without a partner."

I bite the inside of my cheek. She's right. The career pack has banded together- 1, 2, and Neptune- and Bellona has the boy from 3. Eight were killed in the bloodbath. The kids from 5 are together, and so are the kids from 11. The girl from 7 is with the girl from 10, and the boy from 8. The remaining four are with each other.

Too many packs. Too many packs. And Daphne is alone, with nothing but glowing fish and massive snakes to keep her company.

I consider sending her something- a knife, maybe. There's enough money to do so. But, there's a lingering feeling that I need to wait. That I need to wait until she is desperate. Clearly, she's doing okay as of now. Whatever water-pokey thing she was doing confirmed something. I know that she wasn't testing if the mangrove was saltwater- you can confirm that based on the presence of cod, flounder, and yellowtail. But, she must've been testing something else.

She hops in the water. It goes up to her waist, making her jacket balloon around her. The ends of her hair are dunked in the water and she swirls a minute, her feet kicking up a slight bit of the white sand. She's taking deep, calm breaths, still not moving.

"Whoa, now." Caesar says over the speaker. I hate that he commentates. It interrupts any thoughts I may generate. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, folks, but... are those jellyfish in there?"

"Ah, yes!" The other one says. I don't know who he is, but his hair is the color of a peach and it's shaped like a butt. "I hear that those can be quite deadly if you get tangled up in them."

They can also be super fun and friendly.

Slowly, Daphne begins to move. Sweat is plastered on her head, and I can't tell why she has gotten in the water. Maybe it relaxes her, or something- it does so for me. Mags does something similar. She says the salt makes her feel weightless. But, Daphne doesn't look like she's letting herself go. In fact, she seems to be pulling herself together.