Seventeen: er mah gerd naur

FINNICK

°•. ✿ .•°

"Wow! Only ten minutes! That's gotta be some kind of record!" I laugh. Daphne's stylist is screaming hysterically because potatoes have been flung, and they got caught in her silver eyelashes that are more like wings than anything.

Daphne seems only to use silverware as a missile launcher, since she uses her fingers to eat potatoes. She's smiling and laughing a bit, which is always a better look for her. I eat some of the potatoes, though I use a spoon, since I'm not barbaric.

"We cannot use this!" The stylist screams as she smashes her hand on the drawing Daphne and I came up with. It isn't the best, but I think it isn't half bad! Neither of us are artists, but dammit, did we slave away over that thing. It resulted in a lot of yelling on our part, my favorites being, "That isn't how you use a paintbrush!", "No! You've ruined it with your stupid floopy hands!", and "ARGH! Why don't you throw a bucket of mop water on it at this point?!"

I'm not sure what "floopy hands" means, but it felt good to yell it, so I yelled it.

"Why not?!" I scoff. The stylist seems to have more sympathy for me. She looks away, and I think her cheeks flush, but it's hard to tell with all that makeup on. "I think it looks nice! Stylish, with jewels and nice fabrics, but it also encompasses the heart of 4. And, I think that's especially important, considering all of the water-works involved and the finale."

I steal a glance at Daphne at the mention of what happened in the finale. She seems to pause a minute as though she's thinking, but then she gets up and starts pacing around behind me again. We're trying to get her to gain some weight, but all this pacing is just going to wash it right off.

"This is tacky. We are trying to encompass the fact that she has elevated from a little girl in District 4 to a beautiful Victor with a deadly tongue." The stylist grunts. Daphne is now skipping instead of pacing, which I suppose is a hint that she won't be doing much talking, so I take over.

"Listen, Marina-"

"My name is-"

"I don't care. Marina, I'm going to be straight with you." I huff. I lean forward, planting an elbow on the table. "Daphne's about had it. I, too, am getting to a point of frustration. You either go with this, or you get in a fight with one of us, and I don't think you'll be winning that. We can talk about minor tweaks, but the main design is the same."

Marina does not like this. Still, she seems flustered by the way I'm looking at her, so she agrees. I think it's a bit gross of her to be attracted to me (I can always tell when someone is attracted to me, of course), considering I'm still fifteen, but I think I'm getting more used to it.

Half a year, I think.

"Okay." Marina finally says. "I want more gems, and more jewelry."

"Pfft, deal!" Daphne grins.

°•. ✿ .•°

Daphne insists I be in the room while she's prepped.

She didn't go into details, even when I asked. It's an odd request- not one I'm opposed to, of course- but something about her delivery made me say yes immediately, and not for the usual reasons. Her eyes were wide and afraid, and she was playing with the hem of her shirt in a weird manner. She's been doing that a lot lately.