Chapter Fourteen

Snake rose up from the passenger seat of the car "Enough."

Antonio twisted his attention to the woman he had barely known for the whole day, he didn't understand her personality nor the arguments between her and Griffin, he assumed Griffin was Snake's right hand man yet failed to understand why Griffin was showing glimpses of niceness towards him during their target practice.

Griffin reached out his palm, hoping Antonio was take the hint not that there was any bullets left to use.

Antonio glanced down at the gun in his hand, he felt a new ounce of strength in his grip. He hadn't realised a smile had crept across his lips. Maybe he could find himself invested in this world after all?

Antonio placed the gun in Griffin's palm before walking towards the backseat of the car, Snake sat down in the driver's seat of the car.

Griffin watched the two of them, Snake and Antonio were almost a world apart from each other. A young man born into a world he'd never be allowed to escape even after his death, while an older woman knew life had been cruel to her and had been forced to deal with consequences of her past, she knew that she was living on borrowed time with each breath she took.

"How come you've never attended any meetings?" Griffin heard Antonio asked as Griffin sat down in the passenger seat.

Snake looked over her shoulder at the young man "Because your father forbid it." she started the car engine without another word.

Griffin listened. He knew this wasn't his conversation to enter.

"Why?"

"Why do you care?" Snake drove out of the industrial area.

"Because you talk of my father and some past. I'd like to know. I deserve that, don't I?"

Griffin studied the side profile of Snake's face; he could tell she was refusing to budge while know she wanted to tell the truth.

"You'll get the truth soon."