Chapter Twenty

Snake felt hands wrap around her waist, she leaned herself against the weight of his chest as she let her tears fall.

He kissed the top of her head as he held her.

This was their world. Their cruel little world.

Griffin had loved Snake before she was called Snake, he had loved her since they were sixteen years old. He had loved her enough to want to be her husband, he had loved her enough to be a father to their son, he had loved her enough to want to die with her as old age hit.

Sadly, cruelty had other plans.

Their love torn away. Their love ripped to pieces that neither knew what to do once they tried to find the pieces to repair.

It had been damaged since the day Snake was ripped from his heart.

Excluding their son and Mr Tonio, no one who entered their home knew the truth about Lorraine and Griffin.

"You have to promise me even after my death, you'll keep an eye on him. I know your not his father but...." Her teary gaze looked up at his softened face.

"I'll do my best." He kissed the top of her head, that's all he could say.

Never once did Snake force Griffin to care for Antonio, never once did Snake force Griffin to include Antonio in their lives, never once did Snake force Griffin to ever show heart towards the Ariovaldo's.

Now seemed like the right time for Snake to make her choice for her son's, for her family, for the life she wished she once had.