Chapter 11

Sal pov

It's been a couple weeks since I asked Dija out. On that stage, I didn't care who saw us. I wanted the world to know she was mine, however, literally no one cared. Our friends didn't even know I did it. I didn't want them to try and help me. It needed to be on my own.

I was hanging out with Dija in her room, helping her with her homework. We had music playing, and it seemed to be going well. That is until we heard screaming coming from Alice's room. I couldn't make out much over the music, but it sounds like she was upset. She was yelling at Larry for something, and sounded extremely upset. Dija seemed to notice as well, and went to go check it out, and I followed. She was about to go in but we heard what they were yelling about. "You haven't changed at all Larry Johnson! Your just like you were back all those years ago! Someone who only cares about himself, and not for the person he is supposed to love! I guess this ring doesn't mean a damn thing to you!"

After a moment I could hear the sound of something slamming on the dresser. "Get out!" With that we quickly ran back to the room and cracked the door, and we briefly saw Larry storming out, holding something in his hand. I looked at Dija, who was just as confused as I was. I sighed. The two have been bickering the past week or so, and it seems to have only gotten worse. We decided to go back to studying, didn't want to get involved and end up getting yelled at.

Alice pov

I sat on my bed, angry tears falling down my face. Who does he think he is, saying what he did.. "Nit everything is about you Alice! I can't seem to have a god damn minute to myself, it's only about what you want, what you need!" I let him be alone all the damn time whenever he asked, but when he is here, is it so much to ask, just for a bit of his attention, even if we just lay here and cuddle in silence... I sighed and rolled over, facing the wall. To think, this only lasted maybe a year, and everything turned to shit... maybe Dija was wrong, and it just wasn't our time after all..

Larry pov

The second the words left my mouth, I knew I messed up. All this fighting just had me fed up. I didn't want this, and now I've gone and ruined the one good thing I truly had.. I look down at the ring in my hand, slightly chipped from where she slammed it. I sat down on the floor of my treehouse, silently letting tears fall down my face. I lost her again, and once again, it's all my fault...

Dija pov

After a little while, i had seemed to forgot the earlier events. Sal and I were watching a movie, and he cuddled me as we did so. We talked about so many things, and I couldn't be happier. After so long, I finally got to call him my boyfriend. The man I thought would end up falling in love with Ash, fell for me. I still don't understand why.. "Sal, can I ask you something?" "Hmm?" He responded, looking at me "Why did you ask me out? Why not Ash? Yes I think she's a bitch... but she is so much prettier and more talented than I am. So why me?"

He stared at me for a moment before taking off his mask. He looked into my eyes, giving me a soft, yet stern look. "Dija, it took me a little to long to realize how I felt about you, I'll admit that. I was so infatuated with Ash in the beginning. But overtime, I saw how she acted towards you. I soon realized that I would never see her as anything more than my friend. And when you saw me without my mask that day at the park, what you said to me.. it made me feel hopeful. Then, when I had held your hand and you didn't pull away, I knew right then, I liked you. And it gave me the courage to try and give it a shot." I stared at him wide eyed, he has never talked in such a way before about me. With everything he said, I could feel he meant every single word. I smiled softly and placed a gentle hand on his face over his scars, caressing them with my thumb lightly. He seemed to stiffen a bit, but soon relaxed.