Chapter 26

Alice pov

Dija has been very depressed ever since Sal had gotten taken away. She hardly ever leaves her room, and she's lost so much weight, she hasn't been eating much. It's been a few months, and today is the day of the trial. I went up to her room and opened the door "Dija, are you coming?" But she wasn't there. There was a note on the bed, and I picked it up "Hey, I'll meet you at the trial, but don't say a word about me going. I'm going to prove he is innocent, and I'm going to go against Ash to do it. I'll see ya there, Dija." I couldn't help but smile. She was finally able to get up and is now going to fight for what she knows is right.

Me and Larry got ready, and headed to the courthouse. We took our seats, and noticed Ash sitting near the front row. I felt angry, for she was the whole reason Sal was in this situation. She had absolutely no right to be here. I also noticed, Maple, Neil, Travis, and a hooded figure sitting towards the back. I saw a few strands of bright orange hair, and knew who it was. I smiled and turned my attention forward as they were starting. Sal walked out and took his seat at the table, while a lawyer walked out to the other one. The judge came out next and sat at his stand. With that, court had began. Sal was called up, and was asked millions of questions. He told everyone about all the adventures that had gone on while we were growing up. I had begun crying as he spoke. It was hard to remember those times, like they were so out of reach.

After that, Ash was called onto the stand. She didn't look even the least bit concerned or remorseful. I clenched my fists as she spoke, and I felt Larry take my hands "It's okay mi amor, just.. sit tight okay?" I sighed and just listened. Ash left the stand and took her seat. "Next up" he cleared his throat "Please bring up Dija Onenya to the stand. I saw Larry's eyes go wide. I smirked as I saw the figure from the back of the room stand, and take off her hood, then her jacket.

Dija pov

I started walking up to the stand, everyone staring at me. Some in shock, some in anger, however I didn't care. As I walked past Ash, I saw her worried face, and gave her a dirty look. I took my seat on the stand, and looked over at Sal. He was staring at me, but refused to meet my eyes. I sighed and turned my attention to the lawyer. "Is it true that you and mister fisher were romantically involved back in highschool?" I nodded "Yes, we have been together since we were about sixteen." He looked at me in confusion "So your saying your still together? To my knowledge he broke up with you just meet hours before he murdered the whole apartment building." I grit my teeth "He did, however he did something just before giving himself up. So if your going to continue doubting my relationship with my Fiancé, I'd recommend you watch your mouth." His eyes widened, and I looked to Sal, and noticed he was crying. "Now then. Can I give my statement or not." The judge nodded "Go ahead Miss Onenya."

"That night, we got messages from our friend, Larry Johnson. He was about to kill himself, but luckily I got there just in time. After awhile, we spoke to the ghost of Mrs. Rosenberg, and we were then taken to the top of the apartments. Sal ended up having to fight this horrible monster, and Mr. Addison disappeared after the fight was over." "He just- disappeared?" I growled "Yes. There was a flash, and before I knew it Sal had a knife in his hands, and a blank expression on his face. His eyes were empty, as if under some kind of trance. That's when he started killing everyone, right in their own homes. Once it was over, we found Todd. And that's when the police showed up."

The judge looked at me "So your saying mister Fisher wasn't in his right mind as he killed all those people?" I nodded "Yes. I feel like somebody had put him under some sort of spell, or trance. Convincing him that it was the right thing to do to save the town from the cult." After that, I left the stand, taking my seat with Alice and Larry. "You did good Dij" Alice said, and I nodded in thanks. A man with a huge mustache walked up to the stand. And I could tell he looked familiar. Holy shit/ he was in that nightmare I had all those years ago back in school! He said how Sal was perfectly sane and in her right mind, and just couldn't handle all the pressure, snapping and killing everyone he loved. "That's not true!" I stood up "He wasn't himself! He wouldn't hurt all of our friends and family just because he couldn't handle the stress of college!" "Sit down miss Onenya! Order in the court!" The judge and Jury left for deliberation. I held my head, shaking while I waited for them to return. Alice rubbed my back while we waited, but it didn't help much.

After what seemed like forever, they returned "Jury, what's your verdict?" I looked over "We find Sal Fisher guilty or first degree murder. And he shall be sentenced to capital punishment. My eyes widened, and tears fell down my face "No! He's innocent please!" They grabbed Sal and took him away. "The viewing of the execution will take place in a few hours. Friends and family are welcomed to attend. That is all, court dismissed." The entire way back home I was a balling mess. I just couldn't stop crying. I was going to lose the man I loved forever. Id rather him be in prison then dead, at least I could see him...

Hours passed like days as I watched the clock, waiting for it to be time to leave. Soon we made our way to the execution site, and sat down in the front row. I held myself, trying to keep my composure. They brought Sal into the room, and strapped him into the chair. They took off his mask, and for a brief moment, our eyes met, and a few tears rolled down his cheek. They put a blindfold on his, as well as the helmet. I heard someone on the other side of the small glass room, and saw Ash on the other side of the door they brought Sal in through. She was banging on the glass with pictures "Wait! Hold on I have proof he's innocent!" But they didn't hear a word. I watched in horror as the pulled the switch, and flashing light filled the room as electricity surrounded him. "Time of death, 6:33pm." After a moment, I broke down. "He's gone Alice.... He's really gone...." She didn't say a word. She just took me out of the room, and brought me home. I locked myself in my room, and cried the entire night, not getting any sleep at all.

Sal pov

During my final moments, I only thought about Dija. How I had hurt her, how we grew up, and how I even one day wanted a family with her. I let my final moments be peaceful for myself, because I knew they weren't for her.