Chapter 14

A couple things, this chapter will have smut in it!!! If your not interested in that go ahead and skip past once you see it starting. Second, it's been a couple months since the last chapter story time wise, now then.... Enjoy!

_______________________

Dija pov

Today I have to pick out some stuff for my parents funeral, I know it's been awhile, but this is the soonest I could do it. I sat at my mirror getting ready, when I heard the bed shift. I looked over to see Sal staring at me "Come back to beddd it's so early." He whined. I giggled "You know I can't Sal, I have things to do today." He sighed "Then let me come with you, what if you need me?" I shook my head "You need rest babe." He grumbled and got up, then walked over and stood behind me. "Can I help you Sal?" He didn't respond and just wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and continued getting ready.

Soon I had to get up to get dressed, but he didn't want to let me know "Sal I have to finish getting ready. You know I'm going to come back." He groaned and went back to the bed, pouting as he sat down "I know.. but that doesn't mean I don't want you here.." I chuckled at his kiddish tone, it was cute, seeing him so clingy. When we are out with our friends he isn't as attached to me as he is when we are alone. Yeah we will cuddle and kiss every now and then, but if we are alone he just doesn't let me go, like he is still scared I'll go and never come back.

I soon finished getting ready and grabbed my purse. "I'll be back in a few hours okay?" He reluctantly nodded, and I took my leave. I left a note for Alice, letting her know where I'd gone and left. It wasn't to far a walk to the funeral home, but I knew I'd probably be there a little while, mostly needing time to cry alone afterwards. On my way however, I heard someone call my name. I turned to see who was calling me, and it was one of the last people I wanted to see. Damien. The only person I've ever dated other than Sal. He was horrible to me, treated me like absolute trash. He was one of the main reasons I actually moved here. My parents were the only ones who knew about him, I haven't even told Sal or any of my friends. "Hey there gorgeous, thought I would find you here" he walked closer to me, and I froze. I felt angry, but at the same time I was mortified. "Why are you here Damien." "Because I miss you darling, can't a guy miss his girlfriend?" I scoffed "I haven't been your girlfriend in over a year mister, and it certainly isn't going to happen again." His eyes narrowed and he looked down at me. He then grabbed my face roughly, squeezing hard to make sure I would only look at him.

"Listen to me carefully. Your not getting away that easy. I was a jerk before yes. But I've grown, and it seems you have too, in more ways than one. And I'm going to make sure I have you, no matter what it takes." He threw me to the ground and left without another word. I sat there for a moment, to afraid to move. Within a few moments, a woman came and helped me up, asking if I was alright. I nodded and told her I tripped, and went on my way.

I soon finished my tasks at the funeral home, though it wasn't soon enough. I was relieved I could go home and just relax. Hide away from everything, especially Damien.. Once I got home I went straight to my room, and noticed Sal had fallen back asleep. I quietly changed and took my makeup off. As I wiped the makeup off my jaw, I felt a slight pain. Once the makeup was gone, I noticed a couple bruises forming on different parts of my jaw. I sighed and laid down next to Sal, hiding my face in case he woke up.

Sal pov

I woke up to the sound of the door opening. I rolled over and saw Dija had changed and was taking her makeup off. As she looked in the mirror, I noticed bruises on her jaw, and I was confused, worried, angry, I didn't even know how to describe every emotion I felt. I saw her getting up to come over to the bed and pretended I was asleep. She laid down and hid her face under the covers, and it made me a bit sad. She soon fell asleep, and I decided to go see if Alice knew what was going on. I snuck out of the room and knocked on Alice's door "Come in." I opened the door and walked inside "Oh hey Sally, what's up?" I sat down on the floor and sighed "I think something happened to Dija while she was out, she's got multiple bruises lining her jaw, and her knee looked cut.." she just looked at me confused "Maybe she just fell. You shouldn't be too concerned, she's a strong girl." She smiled, and I sighed "I know she's strong, but she's too strong. She doesn't let others worry about her.." she sighed and came and sat next to me "Remind you of anyone?" I looked at her confused "You do the same thing Sally. When something's wrong you brush it off or shut down. It's how you cope. She's had to be strong her whole life just as you have, except now, she has reasons to do so. She wants to protect her friends, and you." I sighed and pulled my knees to my chest "I know something's up Alice.. I can feel it."