Chapter 25

Sal pov

After my time with Ash, I went back home and talked with Todd, and Dija sat on the couch in the living room. Just then, our phones buzzed. I looked at the message "Sal, I'm sry dude. Pls don't blame urself." Huh? What is he talking about "Sry 4 wat? Wat r u talking about?" "It's time for me to go" "you better not be doing anything stupid" I looked to Dija, who's eyes were welling with tears "ALICE! GET DOWN HERE NOW!" She ran downstairs and over to Dija "What's wrong?" She showed her the phone "it's too late.. I'll be gone soon" Dija grabbed Alice's hand and ran out the door "Stop messing around larry, this isn't funny" "hey?" "Larry?" I quickly called him, but it only rang, "pick up.. pick up the phone Larry.." the dialing stopped, and I ran out of the house as fast as I could. I already lost one good thing... I can't lose him too!

Alice pov

We ran. As fast as our tired legs would take us. This can't be the end, not after all we have been through.. Dija still had a hold of my hand as she dragged me behind her. Please Larry... please be okay.. "Dija.. I can't. I can't run anymore." "You have to! We have to get there!" I stopped "You go, I'll catch up. Just please save him... please save Larry.." she nodded and ran off. I hope she makes it..

Dija pov

I ran as fast as I could, looking through out the entire apartment. He was no where to be found. "Fuck!" Wait- the treehouse! I ran to the treehouse "Larry!" I heard coughing, and quickly climbed up the ladder. I found Larry chugging a bottle, and there were many others next to him, as well as an open pill bottle in his free hand. I quickly snatched them from him and threw them out of the treehouse "DAMMIT LARRY WHAT THE FUCK!" He stared at me "No... No no no you ruined everything Dija! God dammit!" He began crying, holding his head, and staring at the floor. I went and sat down beside him "Larry.. please talk to me..." he looked at me, and just broke down. He told me about all the stress he's been under, and about how he thinks the demon has come back. I held him tight and let him cry on my shoulder "I've got you... it's okay.."

Soon Alice and Sal had arrived, peaking their heads up from the ladder. I nodded, signaling it was okay to come in. And we all talked about what had happened. Soon Todd arrived, holding Sal's guitar "I think something might be going on at the apartments again. We need to see if any of the spirits can tell us anything." Sal nodded and took the guitar. I walked over next to him, holding onto his shirt "Be careful Sal.. please.."

Sal pov

She held onto my shirt with a tight grip, and I felt bad all over again. Here she is, standing right next to me, trying to make sure that I'll be safe, after I just hurt her so bad... I sighed and strummed the guitar as I was instructed, then all of a sudden, it went dark "Todd, Larry, Alice, Dija hello?" After a moment, a figure Appleseed in front of me "Mrs. Rosenberg?!" I heard a voice next to me. I jumped and looked over "Dija? What? How did you get here?" She shrugged, and we turned our attention back to Rosenberg. She explained to us how the cult was back, and was trying to summon the demon again. With that, everything flashed and we were back in the treehouse.

Larry pov

"Where did you guys go?" She shrugged "No clue, but I saw Rosenberg, she said the cult is back. We need to stop them before-" there was a rumble, causing everything to shake. I grabbed onto Alice and Todd, hoping to keep them safe. When I looked around for Sal and Dija, they were gone.

Dija pov

I looked around, and all of a sudden we were on top of the apartments. There was a pillar in the middle of the roof, and I clutched onto Sal. Being honest, I was terrified. The cult has been inactive for so long, and now they were back? And... so if the demon... "Hello again dear." I turned my attention to the voice, and Rosenberg was back "Since you all saved Larry, things have changed. I will help you in the place he was supposed to take." I went wide eyed "Your telling me.. Larry was supposed to fucking die!? All so we can take down the cult? What kind of sick shit is this!" Sal held up his hand, signaling for me to stop. I sighed and looked back to her. "We don't have much time, so let's get going yeah?" We nodded and went on our way.