Chapter 35

This chapter has taken place about a year and a half after the last one. Just wanted to give some heads up about the major time skip.

________________________________________

Alice pov

I look through the photos Dija sent me. They were of her and Sal while she was attending college up in New York. She had gotten re-accepted into Julliard, so she decided to take the opportunity, and this time, Sal wasn't letting her go. So they moved together so she could attend college, and they could spend time together as a married couple, just the two of them. 

I smile as I set my phone down, looking at myself in the mirror. "Now there's the beautiful bride!" I noticed both of my dads in the mirror, and I turned to face them "Thanks guys, but you know you can't see me until you're supposed to walk me down the aisle." They chuckled "Oh come on, we just wanted to see our beautiful daughter." my father said, and I smiled "Unless you have my silly wedding tradition gifts you know you can't be in here." My dad smiled and handed me a box "Don't worry, we wouldn't forget." He handed me a box, which I set down and opened. Inside was a beautiful vintage Victorian style broach, which my father grabbed and attached to the front of my dress. "It's beautiful, thank you." He nodded "Now you have something old, as well as new." I smiled "What about borrowed and blue?" They shook their heads "That you will have to wait until you get outside." I gave a confused look, but shrugged and nodded "Okay, but I do need to continue getting ready so please exit" I chuckled, and they nodded, leaving the room.

I had a friend from work doing my hair and makeup to save as much money as I could, and asked my parents if they would do our pictures, which they happily agreed to. It's a weird thought honestly, after all these years, we are finally able to tie the knot. After all we have been through, marriage is finally something that we can do without worrying about everyone around us, or even just money problems. Today, though it is nowhere near as nice as Dija's, it is nice, and all about us. 

Soon, my hair and makeup were finished, and it was time for my bridal party to take our pictures. Larry and his boys got theirs done earlier on while I was getting ready. After we got a few good ones, and some silly ones, I was taken to a spot hidden by some trees near the venue, and told I was doing a first look with someone, but wasn't told who. However, I was the one who wasn't allowed to look at the other person. I had my eyes closed, and I heard two pairs of footsteps walking towards me, and then stopped. "Wow, you look so beautiful." Wait... I recognize that voice!

I immediately opened my eyes, and I was met by both Sal and Dija. They were dressed in clothes corresponding with the bridal and grooms party "Holy shit! I can't believe you guys are here right now!" I ran over and hugged them tightly "You really think we were going to miss your big day?" Sal said with a smile "I really appreciate you guys coming, wait, does Larry know that you're here?" Dija shook her head "Nope, he is going to get his surprise while we are all getting into place. The best man and maid of honor were in on it, so now those titles go to yours truly!" She grinned and gestured to herself and Sal, and I chuckled.  

"Well, I do believe it is almost time to start the ceremony yeah? So let's get me married!" I cheered, and we all made our way to our places inside the venue. We kept Dija and Sal hidden until Larry was in his place, and then it was time for the parties to enter before I did. Sal took Dija's hand, and walked down the aisle with her. Travis smiled, and when Larry looked over to see why, he looked like he was about to cry. When Sal took his place next to Larry, he hugged him, and rubbed his back while everyone else walked out. Once it was my turn, I took an arm from both of my fathers in mine and when the music slowed down, we walked.  

Everyone's eyes lit up as I made my way to the podium, and stood in front of Larry. We listened as Travis spoke, and followed his instructions. We decided not to have our vows be spoken at the actual wedding, and would do them in our own time back at home. We placed the rings on one another, kissed, and began the party. It went on for hours, and everyone had gotten drunk off their asses, even Sal, and it was pretty funny to see him fending off his own wife, not realizing she is his wife and not just some random girl flirting with him. We all partied until the sun came up, and slowly began heading home. That was the best day of my life.

____________________________________________

Dija pov

It has been about five months since Alice and Larry got married, and now today, is my college graduation. I was really nervous, but also super excited. I would finally be able to go home and be with my family again. As I began walking across the stage, I spotted Alice, Larry, Travis, Todd, and Sal in the front row cheering me on. I smiled and shook the deans hand as he handed me my diploma. 

Once graduation was over, we all went back to our apartment to get our things packed, skipping any of the parties I had been invited to. We hurried to the airport, so we could catch the first flight back home. 

After many hours of flying, we finally arrived, and it felt so good to be back home with everyone. And now I can pursue my passion while they are there by my side. Sal and I went up to our room, and almost immediately after laying down, we passed out. What a past few years we have had, couldn't have asked for them to be any other way though.