Chapter 13: And The Winner Is... Part:1

*This may or may not be a spicy chapter, Read at your risk*

You're listening to "The Music Hour"!  Brought to you by Cabbage Corp,  Republic City's trusted name in technology for over fifty years.

 "Man, I got a good feeling about tonight. I don't care if we are the underdogs. We can take those pompous Wolfbats." 

Korra says with excitement and removes her helmet

The radio continues playing in the background and Mako walks forward and takes off his helmet as well.

 "It's going to be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right."

I nod in agreement and wrap my arms around Bolin as soon as he takes his helmet off. 

Ever since we talked two nights ago things have been going smooth between the two of us. I spent a lot of my time hanging out in the loft with Bolin just talking about life in republic city and getting ready for the upcoming match. 

I kiss him on his cheek and go back to looking at the team as a whole, admiring how far we have gotten no matter how rough its gotten. No matter who has gotten in the way, we have worked through thick and thin to get where we are. 

My thoughts are interrupted by the static change in the radio

"Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon" 

My eyes widen at the voice and I step back from Bolin and the others and lean on the wall behind me. Completely dissociating myself from them. I let my ears zone in on the radio to focus on whatever is to be said next by my father.

  "I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match, because it will be the last."

Mako and Korra approach the radio slowly while Bolin turns to look at me. Knowing that Amon is my father, he stands up an walks to me to comfort me. He rubs my arms and looks at me with a sympathetic look on his face.

" It's time for this city to stop worshiping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena" 

Gasps fill the room at the sentence, heat from anger follows and consumes the room. especially Korra and Mako. Anger fills me as well, but it is evened out by the fear that is also inside me. The anticipation with his speech just makes me feel sick. I gotta bad feeling about this...

"cancel the finals, and turn over Chance, or else there will be severe consequences."

Korra and Bolins eyes go to me. Eyes filled with a combination of rage and fear for the future.

For me.

Everyone else is oblivious to who chance is, but they understand that shutting down the arena is worse. 

"That guy's got some nerve. How are we supposed to go to finals now, and not to mention keeping Sakari out of his hands" Bolin says balling his fists.

My heart flutters at how much he cares.

"You think the council will give in? And what do you mean keep Sakari out of his hands Bo?"

Mako questions, intrigued by how I was brought into the mix. 

I should speak up, no one else can explain like I can since I am Chance.

"Okay, I have something to confess... I am not just your coach. I am Chance... the bender they call in when they need a temporary replacement. I can also bend water and earth, but some of you already know this. I am coming clean to all of you, because you are my friends and I am tired of hiding secrets and enemies using them against me."