Chapter 16: The Aftermath Part:1

The last thing I remember is falling. Falling to my doom, until I am surrounded by a blanket of warmth. But the warmth doesn't last as a plunge into the dark cold water.

What in the spirits happening to me?

*3rd Pov*

 "Guys! Great news. You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me!"

 Korra says full of excitement while running up the stairs

"Oh, we'd love to, but ..." Mako starts but is immediately interrupted by a happy Bolin

"Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion! From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us."

Korra's face falls in disappointment 

Asami enters the room, and Korra's face turns from disappointed to irritated.

"Oh hey, Korra, I was hoping you would stop by." Asami greets them while walking further into the room. 

"I was just leaving. So, I guess I'll see you guys around, sometime." Korra says while waving goodbye to the Fire Ferrets.

"Why not tomorrow? I'd love to have you come visit the estate."
Asami proposes to Korra.

Korra holds her tongue for a moment before speaking again. 

"I don't know. I have some ... Avatar stuff to do. And... I have to check on Sakari. She still hasn't woken up." Korra says to excuse herself from any further obligations and makes her way out of the loft.

"Wait, hold up Korra," Bolin says while catching up to her.

Korra stops in her tracks and faces him.

"How is she? How is her recovery going?"

Korra sighs at his question knowing fair well that she is not okay.

"You know, you could drop this whole mad act and talk to her." Korra replies while rolling her eyes.

Bolin sighs this time before replying to Korra.

"I am not mad at her. I am just upset. She could have lost her bending or even worse she could've have died that day! "

He speaks in frustration.

Korra's anger seems to rise with in her in attempt to defend Sakari.

"Nothing that happened to her was her fault! It's not like she asked for it to happen. It was all Amon."

Bolin's face relaxes as he realizes that he didn't get his point across.

"That's not what I meant. I just wish that she would've listened and stayed back from the action. It shouldn't have happened to her and I wish that she stayed in the loft and just listened to the match."

Korra's face also relaxes as she realizes that there is tension when there doesn't need to be and she was just taking out her anger on Bolin for a moment.

"You know Sakari. She isn't just going to stand back like a coward, she is going to stand and fight no matter the odds. And you know she wouldn't have stayed in the loft either, as soon as she heard all the panic she would be down here helping us fight. Not to mention she probably saved us from losing our bending to Amon."

Korra explains carefully to Bolin.

Bolin's eyes water and he looks Korra in the eyes.

"I just wish... wish that she could have stood back from the fight. I want her to be safe is all."