Chapter 10 Shadow Duel Part 1

Author's note.

Welcome to the next chapter. Given how we'll be dealing into the supernatural stuff here, things are gonna get difficult to say the least. I also plan to have Liminals duel the Liminal students when it comes to the punishment duels. Let me know which ones you would like to see, it can be from either the anime, the manga or the mobile game. Either way, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 10

Shadow duel Part 1

Alexis was standing outside what appeared to be an old abandoned dorm and she place a flower near the entrance. 'I hope you are at peace, brother', Alexis prayed in her head. 'Where ever you are'.

Meanwhile, Jaden, Chumley, Syrus, Moskii and ShiiShii were sitting at a table by candle light and had a deck of cards at the centre.

"Not the water!", shouted Syrus. "Anything but the water!".

"You are pathetic sometimes, you know that Syrus?", asked ShiiShii. "You swim in the wading pool, and you tell THAT story?".

"Uh, dirty swamp water" Syrus said.

"Nope, still not buying it" said ShiiShii.

"Oh, you're right", groaned Syrus. "Only a chump would be scared of that". Chumley was now cowering in the background.

"Hmm, still, mid level scares for a mid level card" said ShiiShii.

"It's your turn Jaden" said Moskii.

"Alright", said Jaden. "Hope I get a high level". Jaden then drew the top card of the stack and drew.......a level 1 monster.

"Oh" groaned Jaden.

"Tough luck" said ShiiShii.

"Well, whatcha got?" Asked Moskii.

"Well, I don't know if this is scary", said Jaden. "But, I do have a creepy story from my childhood".

"Oh?", asked Moskii. "What is it".

"Well", began Jaden. "It happened when I was very young. Like, 'before I got my hero deck' young. I remember that there would be a strange light coming from my toy closet, then, I would hear strange sounds coming from there as well. But, every time I went to have a look, there would be nothing there, except my cards. Soon, it wasn't just at home. It would be at the store. At school. At the park. Even during duels. And to this day, I can still see that bright light some times. But those noises are different, almost as if they are telling me something".

"That's it?" Asked Syrus.

"That's it" answered Jaden.

"Hm, not bad", said ShiiShii. "But I'd say it's more creepy than scary".

"Hahahaha. Hey, I want to join in on the fright fest" Professor Banner said appearing out of nowhere. This scared Jaden and the others out of their wits.

"You just did" said Moskii.

"We're kinda on the edge of our seats here" added Jaden.

"Or at least we were", finished Syrus. "But, since you're here, why not draw a card? The tougher it is, the scarier your story has to be".

"Sounds simple enough" said Professor Banner. He then drew the top card.

"Whoa, that's a level 12 monster" said Jaden.

"You know", said Syrus nervously. "I think I'm gonna head to bed now".

"Hahaha, what's wrong?", Asked Professor Banner. "Don't you want to hear about the abandoned dorm at the end of the island?".