Chapter 29 Wrath of The Shadow Monarch Part 2

Author's note.

Part 2 of this duel. Now, I suggest you get popcorn. Because this could be interesting. So, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 29

Wrath of The Shadow Monarch Part 2

Cherri got back on her feet, still grunting.

"I'll end my turn for now", said Caius. "So, my monster's attack and defence points return to normal".

"Then it's my turn", said Jaden drawing the top card of his deck. "I sacrifice Clayman, to summon Evil Hero Malicious Edge". Clayman disappeared and Malicious Edge took his place.

"Huh, but that's a level 7 monster", said Brier. "How did he summon him out with only 1 tribute?".

"It's thanks to my monster's special ability", said Jaden. "If my opponent has at least 1 monster, I only need 1 tribute to summon him out. Now, attack Zure, Needle Burst!". Malicious Edge then shot out the needles from his knuckles, destroying Zure.

Caius: 8000 - 900 = 7100

Caius grunted from the pain.

"You got 1 hit in", growled Caius. "Don't start celebrating".

"I end my turn" said Jaden.

"My turn", said Cherri drawing the top card of his deck. "I summon Power Angel Valkyria, in attack mode". Her monster then appeared on the field.

"Now, attack Beiige!", shouted Cherri. "Power Spear Strike!". Valkyria charged forward and destroyed Beiige. Caius grunted from the pain.

Caius: 7100 - 200 = 6900

"You activated my trap, Rebound", said Caius. "If I take damage during the battle phase, my opponent takes the same amount I did during the battle phase of this turn. So, that's 1100 all together". Some needles and a spear came out of the card and struck Jaden and Cherri. Both of them screamed and grunted in pain.

Cherri: 3500 - 1100 = 2400

Jaden: 4000 - 1100 = 2900

"Jaden! Cherri!" Shouted everyone.

"How does it feel?", asked Caius. "Now you know how those spirits felt".

"I, end my turn" grunted Cherri.

"My turn", said Caius drawing the top card of his deck. "Now, I activate the effect of Genta, Gateman of Dark World. By discarding him from my hand, I can add the field spell, 'The Gates of Dark World' from my deck to my hand". He then discarded his card and added 1 card from his deck to his hand.

"Now, I think I'll activate it" said Caius. A large gate appeared behind him.

"What's that?" Asked Beauregard.

"Trouble" answered Brier.

"Trouble is right", said Caius. "Now, not only do my fiend monsters gain 300 attack and defence, but, once per turn, I can remove 1 fiend monster in my graveyard from play, then, I can discard 1 fiend monster from my hand and draw 1 card".

"No way" said Alexis.

"This ain't good" said Simon.

"Not good indeed", said Bastion. "With that card, he can essentially activate his monster's effects on command".

"And you're about to be proven right", said Caius. "Now, I'll remove the Genta in my graveyard from play, discard Snoww from my hand, then draw 1 card". He then drew the top card of his deck.