Chapter 2 Welcome the Bloodsucker

Author's note.

Sorry about the previous short chapter, I really needed some sleep and I'l hopefully be back to full capacity in a few days. But this is nowhere NEAR as bad as it was when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Also, I mat explain the lore of this AU such as what liminals think of how their species are portrayed in duel monsters, what they think of the lore and we might even see Kimitoh and the gang here and there. And now, let's meet the first home stay of Duel Academy. So, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 2

Welcome the Bloodsucker

After his late night duel against Chazz, he and his newly made friend Syrus made their way back to the Slifer dorm.

"Thank goodness we got back here before Professor Banner found out", said Syrus. "We would REALLY be in trouble".

"I hear ya", said Jaden. "At least Alexis got us out".

"So, uh, how do you feel about being the host for a Liminal?" Asked Syrus.

"Huh?" Asked Jaden.

"You know", said Syrus. "Chancellor Shepherd made you the host of the first Liminal student".

"Oh, uh, right", said Jaden. "I'm not worried all the much".

"You're not?" Asked Syrus.

"Yeah, should I be worried?" Asked Jaden.

"Well, this is a big step for Duel Academy" said Syrus.

"Don't worry", said Jaden. "My parents work for the agency that deal with Liminals. They took me to work a few times and I got to meet a few Liminals there. Hell, I even met MON".

"That task force that specialises in Liminal related attacks?" Asked Syrus.

"Yeah, those ones", answered Jaden. 'Well, even though they aren't human, I still hope we can become friends'.

(Jaden and Syrus looking at a Liminal species guidebook): Monmusu.

(Mosquito girl looks at a duel disk curiously): Monmusu.

The next day.

Chancellor Shepherd was in his office when he heard a knock at his door.

"Come in" he said. Jaden then opened the door and walked in.

"Ah, Jaden", said Shepherd. "Glad to see you arrived".

"Syrus did have to give me a wake up call" said Jaden.

"Well, I guess that's why you're wet?" Asked Shepherd.

"Yeah, he splashed water on me". Answered Jaden.

"Now then", said Shepherd. "You know why you're hear, right?". Jaden nodded his head.

"The interspecies exchange bill" answered Jaden.

"Right", answered Shepherd. "I looked over your file, and you appear to have some experience with Liminals".

"Well, yeah", said Jaden. "My parents are part of the agency that enforces that bill. They would take me to work sometimes. Some of them would even duel me".

"That's why the agency recommended you", said Shepherd. "They thought that you would be the best candidate based on the feedback from some of the Liminals who had met you".

"Oh, that reminds", said Jaden. "Who and I hosting? A Harpy? A Mermaid? What?".

"You're about to meet them", said Shepherd. "Okay, you can come in now". The door to the left opened and in walked the Liminal. She was thin and had tanned skin. Her eyes were dark and her hair was white and short. She had thin antenna poking out of her head, thin insect wings on her back along with abdomen. Her arms and legs were insect-like and were all black. She wore arm socks on each of her four arms and stockings on her legs, a black mini-skirt that was held up by belts, a crop-top made from a sleeves shirt that was tied up just below her cleavage and a thong could be seen on her hips.

 She wore arm socks on each of her four arms and stockings on her legs, a black mini-skirt that was held up by belts, a crop-top made from a sleeves shirt that was tied up just below her cleavage and a thong could be seen on her hips

"This is Moskii", said Shepherd. "Starting today, she will be living with you".

"Hello there", said Moskii. "It's so nice to meet you".

"Like wise", said Jaden. "My name Jaden Yuki". He then held out his hand and Moskii shook it.

"Why don't you take her to the Slifer dorm?", suggested Shepherd. "I'll send over her uniform later today".

"Okay", said Jaden. "Follow me Mo-". Moskii then bit down on Jaden's neck.

"OW!", shouted Jaden. "What was that for?".

"Oh, uh, I forgot", said Shepherd. "Her diet consists of blood. But, we'll also send over some fruit juice as well".

"Uh okay" said Jaden nervously. After that, Jaden and Moskii were walking through the halls of Duel Academy. Student were staring at them, not having seen a Liminal here before.

"So, Moskii", said Jaden. "What made you want to enrol in Duel Academy?".

"Well, a few of friends showed some old videos from tournaments back in the day", answered Moskii. "So, I thought, why not enrol in here. Also, this academy did come recommended by the agency".

"Was I also recommended?" Asked Jaden.

"By your parents, yes" answered Moskii.

"Huh, that's nice of them" said Jaden.

"Jaden". Jaden then saw two of his dorm mates; Syrus and Chumly.

"Oh, hi guys" said Jaden.

"Jaden", said Moskii. "Who are these two?".

"Oh, my bad", said Jaden. "Syrus. Chumly. Meet the Liminal who'll be living with me. Moskii".

"Nice to meet you" said Syrus.

"Hi" said Chomly.

"Nice to meet both of you", said Moskii. "Anyways, when's lunch? I'm getting hungry".

"Something tells me that you and I are gonna get along just fine" said Jaden.