Emotional Drained

It's been 2 weeks since the passing of Zac's mom. Zac and Fatima decided not to go to the hospital. They just wanted to keep their peace. Fatima just finished up her last client for the day. So she was just sitting in her office thinking.

Knock knock knock

Fatima: Come in

Andi: Hey Ti, how you feeling?

Fatima: Exhausted, I have no energy. I barely slept last night and it's taking a toll on me.

Andi: How's Zac holding up?

Fatima: He's coping.

Andi: He's really been hitting some brick walls lately.

Fatima: He really has. And Andi I'm doing all that I know how to do, you know. And I don't want to be insensitive, but when I say that woman wasn't shit I mean that shit wholeheartedly. How she sat her ass in our house and talked to him, girl I'm not with it and never will be. He want say it but I know he's hurting. He took a contract job so he's out of town right now. And maybe it'll do him good. But with him being away and knowing what he's going through, breaks me. I just wanna be with him right now. But we have a baby girl and I just can't up and leave.

Andi: I can't say that I know how you're feeling because I don't. But I will say that I'm always here. And I hate seeing you like this. Look this week is going to be slow so go see about him. Because you both need each other right now.

Fatima: Andi-

Andi: Ti, gooo.. And do me a favor before you leave..

Fatima: What's that?

Andi: Go in that bathroom and take that test.

Fatima: I will. And thank you Andi.

Andi: You're welcome.

Fatima went into her bathroom to take the pregnancy test. And walked back into her office. And call Zac.

Zac: Hey baby.

Fatima: Hey my king, How's work?

Zac: Work is work. What about you?

Fatima: Work is a bit slow today. I not to long finished up with my last client. So I'm just sitting in my office.

Zac: What's on your mind.

Fatima: Baby you're working.

Zac: I don't care about that. What's on your mind baby? Talk to me.

Fatima: I just hate being without you in the midst of everything's that's going on.

Zac: I know baby. But ima be okay. I got work to keep me busy so I want have to think about everything.

Fatima: But what happens when you stop, then what?

Zac: I haven't.

Fatima: Baby you do know that you gotta get some rest.

Zac: I can't right now.

Fatima: Baby-

Zac: Please don't say it.

Fatima: I was just going to say that I love you.

Zac: I love you too baby.

It was a brief of silence.

Fatima: Well baby, ima let you go.

Zac: I'll call you back on break.

Fatima: Okay baby, be careful.

Zac: You too baby.

Fatima hangs up and go into her office bathroom. And just looked at herself in the mirror. She stood there for a good 15 minutes.

Fatima: I can't do this anymore, I gotta go.. ( She says to herself )

Fatima leaves work and went to pick up Ava and headed home. She packed herself and Ava's things and headed to gas up and hit the highway. She calls her mom.

Anita: Hello!!

Fatima: Mama

Anita: Fatima what's going on.

Fatima: Ma, I'm trying to be strong. But it's breaking me that my husband is hurting. I don't know what else to do.

Anita: Baby, you're an incredible wife and mother. And he sees that you're doing your best. And right now you gotta put your family first. Work comes later.

Fatima: I always put my family first and nothing or no one will ever come before that. Nobody but God, because he blessed me with both Zac and Ava.

Anita: Fatima baby you have always been strong. Every since you were a lil girl. You've always been the one to be strong for everyone around you. It's going to be okay baby. It may seem hard and seem like a battleship right now, but you got it. And you both are going to come out stronger together.

Fatima: Ma I'm just emotional drained and I'm riding down the highway now to go where Zac's at. He doesn't know that I'm coming. I just wanna see him happy again. We're each other's safe space and my husband needs me right now.

Anita: I'm proud of you baby. And I love you.

Fatima: I love you too ma, and I will call you later. If not today, tomorrow?

Anita: Okay baby drive safe.

They hang up. Fatima put some music on and just vibe the whole way there. About 3 hours later, she makes it to the hotel he's staying at. She calls Zac.

Zac: Hey baby, how are my babies doing?

Fatima: Missing daddy.

Zac: I miss my babies too.

Fatima: I wish I could just hug and kiss on you right now.

Zac: I know baby, but you'll be able to do all that, in a couple of days.

Fatima: I know and I can't wait. I'm counting them days down, day by day.

Zac: What are you doing?

Fatima: Just laying in bed with Ava.

Zac: You just laying in the quietness?

Fatima: yep. Wby?

Zac: Nothing just order me some food.

Fatima: ok then. Well baby I'm not going to hold you, I'm about to call it a night. But I love you so so much and I will talk to you in the morning.

Zac: Okay baby I love you more. Goodnight.

Fatima: Goodnight baby.

They hang up and Fatima Grabs her things and Ava, and headed into the hotel and up to the room. She gets there and knocks on the door.

Knock knock knock

Zac: Who's that?

Fatima: Deliver!!

Zac opens the door