The letter

Kiara woke up the next morning, her eyes still sore from last night. Today felt different, she wasn't going to stand for this any longer. She thinks she may have had a bit of a break through yesterday with her dad, but, her mum was unpredictable. There's no knowing how she'd react. Not well, she guesses.

———————————————————————————

*at the chateaux

" you went to see her?!"  JJ raised his voice

"Yes" John B replied

" dude, I told you not to, do you have any idea how much trouble she could be in right now!"

"JJ, we can't go on like this ok, your miserable! And so is she!" John B yelled back

"And you could of  just made it ten times worse" JJ said as he pushed John Bout the way and headed for the door.

"Where are you going" John B sighed

"OUT" the door slammed.

———————————————————————————

Kiara was sat at her desk, she'd decided to write a letter to JJ, seeming as she didn't have a phone. She hoped she could get it to him somehow, she wasn't quite sure how yet but she'd find a way. But, she was struggling with writing it, struggling to find the words to express what she wanted to say.

All she wanted in the world was to just wrap her arm around him tightly and never let go, tell him how much she loved him. So much she could burst. But, she can't write that. It's the kind of thing that demands to be said in person.

Suddenly she heard her door open and she jumped out of her chair to face it. Her mum strutted in.

"Really Kiara, would it kill you to tidy up a bit in here, it's a pig sty" she sighed opening her blinds.

" well good morning to you too" she rolled her eyes.

"Look" Anna sighed. " I know you think I'm some kind of controlling monster, but you must see I'm only doing what's best"

" no. Your doing what YOU thinks best, what about what I think!"

" Kiara you are a child, you don't know what you think"

" ugh mum" kiara whined
" when are you going to stop treating me like a 5 year old?"

" when you stop acting like one"

Kiara raised her eyebrows in annoyance at the comment.

" yeah, ok whatever you say" she said turning around and sitting back down at her desk.

" what you working on?" Anna nosed .

" well, what do most 5 year olds work on?" She responded sarcastically.

Anna got up from the bed and walked over. She raised her eyebrows when saw what words were on the page looking over Kiaras shoulder.

"There's a party tonight" she said upbeat.

" no thanks" kiara said bluntly

" come of sweetheart, it'll be fun, get you out the house"

" your the one whose got me shut up in here"

"Come on Kiara, you know that's not true, I've suggested many things...."

"How many times do I have to say I'm not interested in any of those things. I'm so sorry I'm a disappointment to you mum, but I won't change myself for anyone, i can't, not even for you!"

" that's enough of your cheek thank you. You are my daughter and I'd like for you to attend this party with me and your father, I'm not asking, I'm telling you"

Kiara turn in her seat "but.."

"Kiara! for once just listen to me and do what your told. Please"

"Fine" kiara sighed giving up. She needed to pick her battles, especially with what she was planning to do.

"Good" Anna nodded

Just as she was walking to the door she stop for a second and returned, swiping the letter kiara was writing from of her desk.

" and that's quite enough of that" she said ripping in in half and walking out the room.

"No!"