53

"Your babygirl is so healthy

"Your babygirl is so healthy."

Onika smiled brightly, holding my hand as the doctor pressed lightly against her gel covered stomach.

"She's a little small but she has some time to grow."

When we found out it was a girl, that made Onika cry like crazy. I don't know if it's because of her now having to pay me $500 or because Moin was so sure that the baby would have been a girl a few months ago, before she left.

Onika doesn't bring it up a lot, but she missed her Moin like crazy. It's like she went through a breakup. I'm not jealous at all though, I understand.

I've never had a friend for that long and been that close to them, but I do have sisters and even when we argue, we never go without talking for all these months. I honestly don't think I can do that.

Onika was almost 8 months, Moin was gone for 5. It was fucking with her and Robyn. They had no idea if she was even safe right now.

Honestly, I didn't feel bad for Robyn. Moin was too good to her and she got put to the side.

They made sure Onika and the baby were ok before we left. All I could do was shake my head, already knowing I'll have to pay this bill.

Onika held my hand, swinging our arms as we walked. It was good to see her in such a good mood.

"You're beautiful baby." I said, watching her glow with my baby in her stomach. She blushed and I opened the door for her, "I know my baby gon' be drop dead gorgeous with both our genes."

"Stoppp Beyyy!" She whined with the biggest smile, holding me by my shirt and pulling me closer to her.

"I just wanted to tell you."

Her eyes glossed and she looked me in mines. "I love you."

"I love you too babe."

When I got in the car, she had one hand on her stomach and her head resting on the headrest. Just looking pregnant as hell.

A call came in from my mom and it was a FaceTime. "Hey ma." I answered and she smiled on my screen.

"Good morning, Giselle. Where are you?"

"With Onika." I put the camera on her and she waved with a smile. "Look how cute she's looking today."

My mom smiled, "Bey, you're really like Kelly said, a simp? Yes, Bey you're a simp."

Onika laughed lowly, covering her mouth and I rolled my eyes.

"Y'all should come over here. I cooked and Solos here. Bey, you act like you don't live with us anymore." If I'm being honest, soon it will be that. But I won't bring it up just yet. Before the baby is born, I want Onika and I to be living together.

Babygirl could be here anytime though, so I was with Onika 24/7 unless she went out with Robyn.

Nika touched my thigh and shook it to catch my attention. "Let's go. I need some food."