Chptr 41: Oh, Your ex?

After just about twenty minutes, Jonghyun arrived at their house. he quickly jumped out of the car and headed straight inside. The whole first floor was quiet so he ran upstairs, to Yuhan's room. There he saw Yerin seated on the floor, beside Yuhan's bed, holding Yuhan's hand who's lying motionless.

"Yerin-ah..."

Her head immediately turned to his direction when she heard him, and that's when he saw her face drenched in tears. He ran right away to attend to her and kneeled beside her.

"J-jong...", she she said with cracked voice, sobs blocking her throat.

"What happened?", he glanced at Yuhan, held his little hand with his one hand then he looked at Yerin, cupping his cheek with his other free hand.

Yerin breathed first. "His nanny called me a while ago and told me that Yuhan is not feeling well so I ran here. And then when I came, he started vomiting, his fever is high, and he kept crying.", she started crying again, remembering Yuhan was in pain.

"Have you called the doctor?", he asked.

Yerin nodded. "Yes. I don't know what else to do so I called you. I haven't seen Yuhan this sick."

Jonghyun looked at Yuhan. He's lying flat on his back, heavily breathing with his eyes closed but his face is projecting the discomfort he is feeling. He looked at Yerin with pained eyes and then wiped her tears and pulled her to a hug. He can't bear the two of them seeing like that.

"Don't worry the doctor will be here. He'll be fine.", he said to calm Yerin but he, himself, was feeling nervous.

In less than an hour, the doctor came. Yerin and Jonghyun almost hugged when Dr. Lee came because they were so worried as Yuhan would wake up almost every ten minutes, crying, complaining about his headache or would ask to go to the bathroom to vomit.

"There's nothing serious about Yuhan's illness. He just got a flu and it's common for children in his age. But still, let's continue to observe him. I'll be giving medicines for him to take.", Dr. Lee said after he examined Yuhan.

Yerin, as well as Jonghyun, breathed in relief after hearing what the doctor said but still can't help worrying and feeling sorry that Yuhan has to suffer.

After the doctor left and both of them stayed with Yuhan. He's sleeping and after taking his medications, he looks more peaceful.

"I think it's my fault. I have been busy working when I should be taking care of him.", Yerin said staring at Yuhan's face as she sat beside him on his bed, gently stroking his hair with her hands.

Jonghyun who was kneeling beside the bed, shook his head and stood up. He took Yerin's hand and pulled her with him to the small couch placed near the wall. He pulled her to seat beside him and the he wrapped his arms around her. He gently pushed Yerin's head to lean on his chest and she did so, burying her face on it, trying to stop the sobs from coming out.