Chptr 1: After 3 years...

PART 1: Lock You with the Promise of Forever

     The door of Jonghyun's house flung open and in, came an expressionless pretty lady, silently followed by his man, who was also expressionless. As soon as they both completely got in, Yerin stopped walking halfway and bring both of her hands up on her waist and held it while inhaling and exhaling heavily. Her eyes where just stuck on the living room carpet, thinking, while there was silence in the whole house. There was a firing tension around them as every second passes by that no one is talking. Both of them were silent until Yerin can't hold it anymore.

“So what was that?”, she said sharply as she glares at Jonghyun making his way to the couch then sat there.

“What, exactly?”, he asked calmly but blankly though he knows what exactly is she talking about.

He threw his head up with closed eyes to breath deeply then looked back to Yerin with calm, unreadable expression.

“Kim Jonghyun, don't act so innocent now. Seriously, do you really have to do that?”, Yerin asked though she was not really expecting an answer from Jonghyun.

Just hours ago, Jonghyun almost picked a fight AGAIN with a male model from the photo shoot she was supervising. She handles the wardrobe and, of course, being a friendly workmate and seeing them almost everyday because of work, it is just natural that she'd be close to them, as a friend. But Jonghyun seemed to always misunderstand things and, as always, even before, he's on his over-protective or rather possessive mode again.

He never changed. His attitude, specially towards guys around me, never changed. Except that he and Sehun is now in good terms, sometimes. He finally got used to Sehun's presence, after so long, but towards other guys, it's another big issue.

She rolled her eyes first, sign of irritation, before sighing and continue raging.

“Why do you always have to do that? You're not born yesterday to not know that we are working together and we're friends.”, she looked at Jonghyun after she finished talking. Now she was asking and waiting for his explanations but he remained blank, looking at her.

Moments past and they were just staring at each other and Jonghyun never talked.

“This is the nth time that this happened. Exactly when are you going to get over this?”, Yerin asked for another response again but still, none.

“Now you're not talking. Do you plan to just look at me blankly like you haven't done anything?”, she asked once more as irritations rise in her. She kept her lips straight while eyeing at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun, on the other hand, just blinked like nothing was happening and tilted his head sidewards, no sign that he's going to open his mouth to talk.

Giving up, Yerin threw her hands up as she sighs. She turned around, irritably ruffling her own hair, then marched to the kitchen.

“I really can't understand men at times! AISHH. JINJJA!”, she yelled on her way, until she completely disappeared in the kitchen.

Jonghyun let out a sigh and stared at the kitchen door where Yerin went in.

He didn't talk nor answer back because he doesn't want to add more annoyance and irritation to Yerin anymore. He knows that his reasons and explanation would be unreasonable and superficial, and that would just start an argument then later on, a fight.

He knows because it always happens. For the past three years, even when they just started, they never pass a week with no arguments. It's just that lately, this became very often and that even over little things, they have something to discuss on. This happens over and over and over. But it's not that because of the quarrels, the sweetness were all gone.