Chptr 16: Revealed in a Wrong Way

"Kibum oppa. I made you coffee.", Yerin said sweetly to Key then placed a mug of coffee on his desk in front of him.

Key looked up at her from the files he was reading, then he eyed her with raised eyebrow as she sits down on the chair in front of the desk, still with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

"Okay. What is it that you need?", Key brought down the papers from his hand, giving Yerin a judging look.

"What? Do I have to need something to make you a coffee?", she gave her a fake offended look.

Key rolled his eyes. "C'mon Yerin, I know you too well. You won't act this sweet if you won't be asking for something. Spill it.".

She finally sighed, giving up. Then chuckled. "Yeah. You, indeed, know me too well... Oppa, can I leave early today, like... now?"

Key looked at his wristwatch and his eyebrow raised more. "Now as in even before lunch break? And for what reason?"

"Jonghyun promised me a date today. Can I? Please?", she begged with puppy eyes.

"You're gonna leave all these works to me just for a date? Seriously Yerin?"

Yerin rolled her eyes. "Yah. As if I always ask for a bit of day off. You're making me look bad. FYI, I finished all that I need to do for today, and I have no more schedules."

Key sighed and made a face at her. "Fine. Will I ever win over you?"

She jumped on her seat as she cheered and went to Key's side to hug him. "Kibummie you're the best! Don't worry I won't let you be alone here."

"What?", Key asked, confused. But Yerin just simply walked to her desk, making herself look innocent. She took her bag and her phone.

"Yah! What do you m--", Key's question was cut off when the door of the office opened and Jisoo with a very bright smile came in.

"Annyeong! I'm already here~", she cheerfully greeted.

Key's eyes went wide and his head immediately snapped on Yerin who was already near the door, ready to come out. She chuckled and waved her hands.

"Told yah. I won't let you be alone. You two, enjoy. BYE~", she said continuously and she didn't even wait for Key's reply. She quickly slid herself out and shut the door before she can even hear complains from him.

She happily skipped on her way to the parking lot, greeting everyone she would be passing by. She was feeling light and happy, anticipating on their date like it's their first time, so the moment she got in her car, she dialed Jonghyun's number.

"Yes babe?", the call was immediately picked up by Jonghyun, not even letting it ring more than twice.

"Key oppa let me off. Shall I just go there to your office?", she asked, starting her car.

"Yeah, that'd be better. I'm actually still out for a meeting but it's almost over so you can just wait for me there."

"Alright. Be quick, okay? I'll be going now."

"Yeah. Bye.", Jonghyun said. She was about to end the call already when he called her again.

"Yerin..."

"Yes?", she asked.

There was silence for a few seconds before Jonghyun talked again. "I love you.", he said softly, but just enough for her to hear.

"You're getting cheesier Jonghyun. I love you too. Bye now.", she chuckled before finally ending the call. Her smile, which didn't leave on her lips in the first place, got even wider as she grew more excited, and now, she's already thinking she really weird for being excited for something that has almost become a routine. She just shook her head with a smile, threw her phone on the passenger seat, then started driving.