Chptr 30: Don't be Mad :(

Right at the moment that the car had come to stop in front of the police station, Jonghyun jumped out of it, not even thinking to park it properly. It wasn't one of his concerns at the moment. He ran straight to the station with big steps and forcefully pushed the door open for him to be inside. When he got in, his eyes that were full of fear searched inside, scanning every people that was in that place until he finally saw that certain person he was wanting to see.

"Yerin-ah!", he called her loud that came out like a cry as he ran to her. When he got in front of her, he immediately pulled her up and embraced her tight.

"Jonghyun...", she mumbled, hoping to calm Jonghyun as she could feel his body very tensed.

"Are you hurt?", Jonghyun finally detached himself from her but held her in arm length so that he could scan her. His eyes landed on her left cheek where he saw a small wound plaster. He cupped her face. His expression hardened, projecting anger but pained look as his hand went up and his thumb lightly brushed above the plaster. It hurts him knowing that behind that plaster is a wound. She'd been hurt. He checked her arms and more parts of her and he was slightly relieved that he found nothing other than that.

"I'm fine.", Yerin said shortly. Jonghyun scowled, looking down at her and was about to talk when someone called behind him.

"Are you Mr. Kim, her husband?", an officer asked.

He faced him and bowed slightly. "Yes, I am."

The officer nodded. "As we've said over the phone, your wife's car is involved in a car accident, with a delivery truck. Based on what we have investigated, the truck's driver was drunk and lost control got on a wrong way. Good thing Ms. Yerin was able to steer immediately and just hit a small post. Fortunately, there weren't any serious injury. But her car got damages and needs repair.", he explained.

He nodded then glanced at Yerin who was standing beside her, just quiet and facing down. She looks vulnerable at the moment, probably still a bit shocked from what she have experienced. He wanted to hug her but something is refraining him to do so.

"You're alone and driving?", he asked, with low voice. Yerin peeked up at him and nodded before facing down again.

He ran her fingers through his own hair as he sighs exasperation, frown is slowly forming. Then a man being escorted by another officer passed in front of them.

"Is that the truck driver?", he asked, eyes leering straight to the man, obviously older than him and looked messy at the moment. He really looked drunk.

The officer he was talking to nodded and that's what triggered him to walk forward and grab the driver's collar. The age gap didn't matter to him anymore because he's seriously mad. People around them tried to stop him but he didn't let go of the drunken man.

"My wife is pregnant. Do you know what you just f*cking did?", he yelled at him. The man bowed to him as he apologized and he seemed already sober but still also in shock.

Finally, the officers succeeded on making him let go of the man. He was held away as they continued to escort the driver to the other side of that station.

"You can take your wife home now. We already have her checked in our clinic and she's all fine. Please be safe the next time you drive.", he regarded his last sentence to Yerin. She just nodded quietly.

After thanking the officer, Jonghyun held Yerin's hand and pulled her with him out of the station and to his car that was hastily placed outside. Yerin looked up cautiously at Jonghyun as they walk because he's too quiet. He was holding her hand but she knew and she's so sure that he's hell mad at the moment, his face can tell.