Chptr 43: Meeyon's Ways

There was a knock on Jonghyun's office door, then it opened, letting in his secretary,

"Sir, Miss Yerin is on the other line.", she handed him the office phone, as he still haven't found his.

He thanked his secretary and put the phone on his ears right after the door had been closed by his secretary.

"Yerin-ah~", he called sweetly . There was a quite long silence from the other line, but he knows she's there.

"Hey, are you okay?", he asked and waited for Yerin's response.

"Your phone?", she asked briefly.

"Haven't found—"

"Can you explain why it is in some bitch's hands?", she suddenly exploded.

"What?", Jonghyun blurted out in surprise of hearing Yerin's tone and her choice of words. He has no idea what she was talking about and why she's mad.

She cursed a little silently under her breath. "Listen, Meeyon has your phone, she gave it to me. And you know, I found out things you didn't tell me.",

"What did she tell you?", he asked, worried. He doesn't trust any single word that comes out from that woman's mouth.

"You lied to me.", she said almost silently, with pain. She can't say it well because those words felt like it's blocking her throat.

"Tell me, what is it that she told you?", Jonghyun have already stood up from his seat and pacing around his office.

"You told me you're not meeting with her but what does this mean? She has your phone and she said you're together that time I called you."

"Yerin-ah—"

"You're with your freaking ex Kim Jonghyun, for God's sake. How many times have you met already? Maybe you have plans later.", she said in an accusing voice.

Jonghyun ran his fingers through her hair. Yerin is undoubtedly mad and he doesn't even know what to say. He lied, yes, but he didn't do anything other than that.

"Yerin, let's talk personally, okay? We can't settle this over the phone.", he said almost like begging. "I'll go there, wherever you are. Please, it's not what you think it is."

Jonghyun's heart was thumping as he waited for Yerin to answer. For moments, he can only hear her deep breaths.

"You better explain this to me Jonghyun."

"Yer—", he wasn't even able to finish his sentence when he already heard the

beeping sound from the phone. She already hung up.