Chptr 25: He'll Be Here Soon

Key was cautious and observant while following Yerin as they walk their way to their office. Since that morning, for him, she is like a noise-and-motion-sensitive bomb that Jonghyun passed to his care, just a little wrong move, she'll definitely explode and everything will be doomed.

They walk past on some of their staffs, they greeted them and Yerin will just reply with a nod which is not so likely her. They're nearing the office and Key was about to sigh in relief that they'll be entering safe until he saw Soojin nearing.

"Good morning ma'am~", she cheerfully greeted in front of them. Key had noticed the different spark in her eyes as she looks at Yerin.

'Gosh. She definitely knew about it... please don't mention it.. just please.', he silently prayed.

Yerin greeted back her secretary plainly, and now he is praying for Soojin to just accept that greetings and just let them off without mentioning something.

But Soojin wasn't aware of the whole situation.

"Ma'am~ I heard you are--"

"Soojin.", Key called her to cut her off and she looked at him confused. Yerin's face darkened as she know what was the next words that will come out of her secretaries mouth.

"You should enter the office now.", he told Yerin. Luckily without any word, she just complied.

He waited until the office door completely closed flat before he faced Soojin again.

"Listen carefully. I know you heard about Yerin's 'pregnancy' thing but please, do not ever ever EVER mention it. Just forget about that. We do want a peaceful working place, don't we?"

She looked at him with confusion. "Why sir? Is there a problem?"

Key sighed. "False alarm."

That short answer is already enough for Soojin to understand the whole situation. She nodded and chose to be quiet as she walk back to her working area.

Yerin just carelessly dropped her things on her desk then she immediately sat back on her office chair. Seeing the pile of paperworks she needs to do, she felt like not working but she needs to keep herself busy than repeatedly remembering that frustrating thing that happened.

She and Jonghyun already had a talk and they've reach an understanding already last night but she cannot help herself from feeling bad about it.

Good thing Jonghyun took the responsibility of explaining to those people who assumed and anticipated with them that there's really nothing to expect and be happy for. It was all just because her freaking body is unhealthy.

The door suddenly opened and Key came in. She wordlessly just watch him place his things on top of his own desk but instead of sitting on his own office chair, he went to sit on the chair in front of her desk.

"Are you alright?", he asked.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"You sure?", he asked again, for assurance.

Yerin rolled her eyes. "I said I'm fine. What do you want to hear from me?"

"I was just trying to say that you don't have to work for now. The doctor said you should rest and that's what you should be doing now instead of being here.", he said without his diva tone as he's trying to sound nice for Yerin.

"We have loads of works, see?", she pointed at the stack of folders on her table.

"It doesn't necessarily have to be you doing those works. That's why I'm here, and our secretaries and staffs. You already finished a big project days ago, remember?"