Chptr 14: The Little Dino

Yerin was woken up by the feeling of a weight on her stomach part and on her legs. She slowly opened her eyes to adjust on the brightness of the room then she looked down on her body, only to see an arm lying on her stomach and a leg over her thighs. Her head automatically turned to her side and her face was welcomed by Jonghyun’s sleeping face.

She became flustered for a while until she remembered that Jonghyun came last night and fell asleep on her house but the thing is, she left him sleeping on the couch not on her bed. She just smiled and continued looking at his face. She has observed that he looked relaxed and fine now than he was last night. He was even a bit smiling… on his sleep.

‘Or was he even asleep?’, she thought, squinting his eyes at him.

“Yah.”, she called after seeing his lips twitched a little, obviously trying to hold his smile to break out.

“You’re never good at acting sleeping.”, she said again and that when Jonghyun’s smile finally broke out and he already opened his eyes.

“Wasn’t I?”, he asked, grinning cutely.

“Totally.”, she rolled her eyes then looked back to him again. “So… you’re supposed to be on the couch. Why are you here?”, she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Duh? You left me in the living room and it’s really cold there. So I have to sneak in here for me to sleep comfortably.”, he said diva-ishly, to which Yerin thought that really didn’t fit him. She just sighed and made a face.

Jonghyun’s hold then on her waist tightened and he pulled her closer to him. His lips landed on her cheek and kissed it repeatedly, making smooch sounds.

“Good morning.”, He mumbled beneath her cheek.

Yerin smiled and turned her body to face him, still under his hold. She smiled at him until she remembered her worry last night of him being so stressed.

“So, can you tell me now why you really visited me late? You looked so stressed then.”, she said worriedly.

Jonghyun froze upon her question but of course, he didn’t make it obvious to her. Last night, before he was drifted to sleep, he was seriously wishing for all the things he has found out to be just a dream and everything would be fine when he woke up, but unfortunately, it was a complete reality.

He looked at her in the eyes and saw that worried look on her and his heart really sunk that he had to close his eyes to avoid the sight. He sighed and just shook his head.

Yerin cupped his cheek gently. “Hey… I know there’s something bothering you. You can share it to me.”

He opened his eyes and shook his head again. “Nothing. I’m just stressed… you know, office.”

“Was it that client who was looking for you at your office when we’re at the vacation?”, she asked again.

He stiffened but knowing that that is all she knows, he just slightly nodded. “Y-Yeah… that client.”

“They were giving me… s-something. They were asking me to take responsibility of it but I can’t accept it but then, I also can’t reject it that easily.”, he wasn’t looking at her while explaining as it was hard for him. He just found this as a way of ‘opening up’ to her that he hope could lessen his guilt as he half-telling the truth, but in a different way.

“Giving you something? Like a project? A job?”, she asked.

“S-Sort of.”, he answered in softly, still not looking directly to her eyes but to her lips, or to her neck instead.