Chptr 26: Health Issues?

[A/N: Do you remember the last chapter? Maybe you should take a look at it first because the interval was too long? Thank you, enjoy ^-^ ]

The living room got quiet after hours of seemed like endless chuckles and playful screams. Jonghyun felt a tap on his shoulder as his eyes were on the TV so he turned his head and found the reason of the silence. Yerin, who is sitting with him on the couch, has Minki lying his head on her lap with his eyes peacefully closed and his tiny mouth is slightly opened, maybe because of the exhaustion from playing for hours.

"I thought he won't ran out of energy.", Jonghyun chuckled as he looks at the boy fondly.

"I thought so too." Yerin chuckled as well. "Can you carry him upstairs so he can sleep comfortably?", she talked as soft as she can so she won't wake Minki.

"Sure.", Jonghyun then put down the remote, stood up and carefully took Minki from Yerin to carry him on their room upstairs.

When Jonghyun came back to the living room, Yerin wasn't there anymore. He turned the TV off to search for Yerin and found her standing by the opened glass door going to the backyard., looking outside. He quietly walked behind her then grabbed her hand and he heard her gasped as she flinched from shock.

He chuckled. "What are you doing here?", he stood beside her still holding her hand and joined her on viewing their lovely garden.

Instead of answering, she looked at him and smiled. "It feels good this way, isn't it? Having someone making such noise, loud hearty laughs and endless innocent but fun little stories."

Jonghyun just smiled at her as an answer. It was visible on her that she, indeed, feels good. Her smile shows it. He extended his arm on her shoulder and pulled her close to him, just standing side by side as they were looking outside, both silent as they were drawn to their own thoughts until Yerin talked.

"You know why I don't want to take a leave from work.", she said.

Jonghyun looked at her. "Why?".

"If I leave from work, I'll be staying here, alone because you're at your office. If I'm here alone, it'll be too quiet, not just quiet but empty too. I hate that. I hate to think that this house is missing an important piece. I wish we have someone like Minki here."

Jonghyun wasn't able to answer and just kept looking at Yerin. She was slightly smiling as she talks but her eyes weren't projecting the same. It was sad for him to see that, and also to hear what she said.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Sorry I don't know that reason. I was thinking that you don't want to leave work because you have become too attached to it. Sorry, I should have known your feelings.", he apologized as he continuously caressed the back of her head.

"That's okay.", she looked up to him and grinned. "So, you won't force me to take a leave now?"

"Oh...", Jonghyun hesitated. "I'm wanting you to take a break because of your health..."

"But--"

"I can also take a short break from work so you won't be alone here and I can take care of you."

Yerin detached herself from Jonghyun's hold. "No you won't do that. You and I have big responsibilities on our own companies and we need to take care of our business too. I'm fine and I can continue my work."

Jonghyun stared straight onto Yerin's eyes, wanting to protest but after moments he ended up sighing. "Fine. I won't force you anymore but please promise me you'd be more careful on your health."