chapter twenty-nine.

"so? what happened with you and lion?" freddie asked as he grabbed my hands and flung them in the air enthusiastically. he and i were currently chilling in my bedroom while eating pizza bagels. i think freddie being the only one who knows about my secret has somehow brought us closer. i find myself talking to him about things i can't talk to my other friends about, and i'm grateful for him because of such.

"oh, stop calling him that! he's a person, not a bloody lion." my eyes rolled at the common nickname used for lionel. it was weird.
"we're not all on a first name basis with lionel like you." he giggled, covering his mouth cheekily. "now stop distracting me, tell me the gossip!"
i laughed, "okay okay." and i took a deep breath before recalling all the events that previously happened today.

freddie had wide eyes by the end of it, "well fuck— he's smitten, isn't he?" he retorted with a grin.
"you think?" i pondered.
"yes! he wouldn't have waited for you if he wasn't." and freddie's words did make sense. it comforted me that lionel was, maybe, as into me as i was him.

"so, what are you gonna tell the boys?" ah, the question i was dreading.
"well, i'm gonna come out to them, about me being gay." i said matter-of-factly, and i saw freddie smiling to himself in the corner of my eye.
"thats amazing, hunts." he responded merrily.
"yeah, i guess it is."

tuesday morning came around and me and nick were currently standing outside the gate waiting for the bell to go. isaac was on his way, as was freddie and cormac, but mickey wasn't coming in today. he said something about diarrhoea? i don't know.

nick was talking about how he wanted to get a job soon, because he wanted to buy a pc and start streaming. "really? thats cool. like, as a career path?" i asked, genuinely interested in the topic.
"probably not, more just for the fun of it all." he shrugged to me, "but if i could make money out of it that'd be a plus of course."
"fair enough." a laugh escaped my lips as freddie and cormac finally approached us.

"morning!" cormac said, pulling both nick and i in for separate hugs. freddie also gave the two of us a hug before we all fell into a conversation.
"so, i have news." cormac said after moments of us talking of random stuff.
"oh?" freddie said as me and nick also asked what it was.
"i have a girlfriend." he said with such a casual tone, and it threw us all off. i didn't even know cormac was talking to someone, never mind was he in a relationship.

"wow! what a surprise someone would want to be called your girlfriend! fair play, mate!" freddie patted cormac on his back playfully and his blonde hair flopped as he scowled at freddie.
"oh shut up! when was the last time you had a boyfriend again?" cormac retorted with a cocky grin, "exactly."
"wow! there was no need for that roast."
"bro's gonna need an ice pack for that burn." i joined in with the laughter and nick covered his mouth as he giggled at my joke.

unfortunately, the bell then rang so we all made our way into the school and unfortunately had to split up to go to our tutors. first lesson i had geography with isaac and cormac, so i was pretty excited. after we were all seated in geog, the teacher got on with the lesson but i wasn't really paying attention.

i felt my phone vibrating multiple times in my pocket, and i reluctantly grabbed it to read the notifications.

lionel
ur in geog
come outside

huntley
what ??
how did u know that

lionel
just come out !!

huntley
fine !

i raised my hand, and isaac turned to me with confusion in his face. i looked away, and the teacher then asked me what i wanted.
"can i go to the toilet?" i asked politely, and he nodded wordlessly before picking on an unexpecting student to tell him what photosynthesis is.

i walked to the back of the classroom and then out the door, closing it quietly behind me. sure enough, lionel was leaning on the wall with one of his legs bent upwards and pressing against the wall.

"hey." he winked, kicking his leg off the wall and walking towards me.
"how did you know i was in geography?" i asked, gesturing towards himself and the classroom. wordlessly, he grabbed a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolded it before passing it to me.

"my schedule! you kept this?" i asked, remembering back to my first day or so when he took it from me.
"i didn't mean to, but i found it buried it my blazer the other day." he shrugged, and i went to put it in my pocket but he grabbed my hand and unfolded my fingers to grab the timetable.
"let me keep it." he stated, and i raised an eyebrow at him in confusion. "so i can come surprise you like this more often. isn't it fun?"
i grinned, that was kinda cute. "very."

"now, give me a kiss before you go back im there." he said, snaking his hands onto my waist and pulling me close. i melted into his warmth, smelling his familiar cologne and standing up on my tip toes. he captivated me into a kiss and i let out a huff of enjoyment, reaching my hands up to hold onto his cheeks to pull him further down to me. he kissed me again, and again without hesitation. my heart fluttered as the familiar butterflies swarmed my stomach eagerly. "come see me at lunch."
"i can't, i saw you yesterday." i laughed with a toothy, cheeky grin.
"i don't care, i want to see you." and i almost folded at his words, caressing his cheek with my thumb slowly.

snapping out of my mindfulness thoughts, i shook my head and spoke quietly, "i can't risk it, lionel. besides, i want to come out to them today and i think i'm going to do it at lunch."
"oh, okay then." he said, "well how about after school?"
"sure." i shrugged, i'm pretty sure i have no plans today. "what time?"

"text me your address and i'll come over at like 4ish." he said, pulling my phone slowly out of my blazer pocket. he moved a hand up to his cheek and removed one of my hands, placing the phone gently in my grip. i sighed in defeat, now both of my hands were typing away at my phone as i felt lionel's gaze on me.

"sent." i stated, shoving my phone back into my pocket. "see you later." and with one more swift kiss on his cheek, i disappeared back into the geography classroom.