Chapter 32

ALESSIO

Cassio sat next to me in the club as we both drank together.

I looked at him, "Still not into women?"

"I could ask you the same question."

"Much better at it than you are."

He played around with his glass when he peered at me from under his eyes and whispered, "It's not always necessary to talk back, you know?"

I chuckled and drank some more when he asked, "What's going on between Avelina and you?"

"Nothing."

"Oh come on, tell me anything."

I looked at him, "I literally meant it. Nothing."

He suddenly understood when he made an O, "Ohhh..."

I nodded when he asked, "So have you thought this through? Will you be living like this for the rest of your life?"

I swirled the liquid in my glass and sighed, "I don't know, man."

Something gleamed in his eyes by the sound of his voice, "I sense you changing for the best."

I deadpanned, "I considered divorce, she considered suicide."

His expression fell when he sat back down in his seat, "Oh."

I nodded and drank some more when he shrugged, "Can you blame her."

I didn't respond because you aren't supposed to answer rhetorical questions. I motioned for the waiter to get me another mug full when Cassio looked at me, "Hey."

I raised my eyebrows asking him to continue when he spoke in a low voice, "It's okay to live again."

I cut my glance his way when he held up his hands, "There are people who live and are still stronger than the ones who barely survive. The barely surviving ones are already holding onto dear life, it's hard."

"See? That's the problem. I was living my life when I was with Julie and her death killed me-"

"But made you stronger."

"But till this day, I would select Julie anytime over being strong."

He sighed, "Avelina is your wife just like your mother is to your father. You both can do wonders together."

I squinted my eyes at him when he gulped, "Who said children? Only you heard."

I rolled my eyes and took another sip when he muttered, "Although I hope that if this does happen, the kids are like their mother. Two Alessio's are honestly a nightmare. A pain in the ass and Avelina might commit suicide and honestly? I would help her achieve it if she helps me too. The babies are on you. Diapers and all are included in the package. Premium deal gets you their puking schedules as well because non-premium does not provide you a schedule."

*

Dad had called me home again when I arrived at their house. Mum greeted me and took me in for a big hug which confused me. Why was she hugging me so tightly? I kissed her head and muttered, "Am I going to be a big brother again?"

Mother GASPED and left my embrace when she turned around and pouted at dad, "He is harassing me."

I chuckled as dad came and kissed her forehead before taking me in for a hug, "Don't annoy my girl."

"I am not, she was hugging me so tightly."

He pulled back and looked at me, "Yes. The other kids meet us, you don't."