Chapter 39

ALESSIO

I placed my suitcase in my hotel room and looked around, resting a hand over my chest to dull the pain. I was in Paris because Avelina was mad at me and wasn't talking when where I could have left her to enjoy herself here, I too, just wanted to see her. Even if for once. I hadn't seen her, hadn't heard her voice and the longing just made me come here. Even though we hadn't seen each other for a week and even though she was here for a month, I decided to spend the next week alone as well. I didn't want to burden her or annoy her or even scare her with my presence to ruin seventy percent of her visit. Fifty percent sounded better than seventy percent.

Neither did Cassio know I was here, nor did anyone else. So I just shut off my phone and slipped under the covers as sleep overtook me.

*

I aimlessly roamed through the mall wearing black glasses and a fucking moustache to try to avoid Avelina and Cassio incase I find them. It hadn't been an entire week of me here yet and I didn't want to ruin it this early. A jewellery shop caught my eye when I went inside. The guards stood alarmed due to my getup but I made sure to act as less suspicious as I could. I searched through the whole store till a gold locket caught my eye. Sensing that it would look intricately beautiful on Avelina, I purchased that. It was one hell of a hefty amount but the fact that it was simple and would look radiant on her made me buy it.

I paid with my credit card, then pocketed it and left the shop. Now, I needed to buy something for my princess too because it would look bad, gifting Avelina something while he awkwardly stares off in the air trying to brush off the fact that I didn't get him anything.

Roaming through the entire mall, I ended up buying the most lamest thing that I could ever gift to him which was a phone cover. He had been complaining a lot about his old phone cover and wasn't finding anything related to his favourite show, 'Komen Rider', so upon finding one, I got it for him.

I walked out of the store and aimed to go back to my hotel because I was suddenly so tired, and this was confusing the hell out of me like no other. Recently, I had been getting tired a lot, so much that at times I would just leave work, come back home and reach my bed just in time to collapse. And it all started happening right after I had my first episode in front of Avelina.

*

"Alessio, it's the lack of vitamins in your body. You need stronger supplements for it."

I ran my hands through my hair, getting all frustrated, "I don't know, it's just way too awkward."

"How about you come down to the hospital for scans? I need to rule out cancer."

My head jerked up when I squinted my brows, "Cancer? How did you come to that conclusion?"

"Are you losing weight abnormally?"

I looked at myself when I shrugged, "Don't know. Haven't been keeping much tab."

"Are you coughing up blood?"

"No."

"Are you losing hair?"

"A bit. But that is work stress, definitely."

My doctor sighed, "I can't be so sure about that. I need you to come here for some scans."

"I can't. I'm out of Italy for some work business."

"When are you coming back?"

"I have absolutely no idea."

"I'll suggest you iron supplements till then and some other medicines as well. Take them on time and visit me as soon as you come back."

"I will. Thank you."

"You're more than welcome. Take care."

I ended the call when right after a minute, his text came with all the medicines and all. It was super weird how I was getting so tired so fast. I got up and released a tired breath I never knew I was holding when I quickly went towards the nearest pharmacy and got my medicines.

Relaxing in bed, I called Cassio who picked up after a few seconds, "It's quite egotistical that even after everything that happened, you never once allowed me to come back to help you after the fight, nor did you give any updates, nor-forget it. And still you have the audacity to call me five days late."

"I am in Paris."

There was silence when he spoke, "What the fuck? When did you come?"

"Four days ago."

"Double what the fuck. Why didn't you meet us?"

I sighed and massaged my forehead, "Don't know. Was planning to give her a week more before I came."

"Are you shitting me?"

"I don't know. Are your pants wet?"

He clicked his tongue which he always did in irritation when he asked, "When will you meet us?"

"After a few days."

"No. Tonight. Meet us tonight."

"Cassio-"

"Avelina is sleeping in her room right now, we decided to order food as soon as she wakes up, but now that you are here, take her to dinner."

I sat up, "I can't!!!!"

"Whyyyy?"

"Bro, this conversation and your same constant questions is getting annoying-"

"I am reserving a table and getting the decorations done, you guys will have dinner by eight."

"Cass-"

"It's done-"

"Make it ten."

"Huh."

"The dinner. Make it ten."

"Who in their right mind has dinner at ten?"

"Let her sleep for a bit more."

"Okay. When will you come to pick her up?"

"I had other things in mind."

"Hmm?"

"You take her there and I can come there."

"You mean a surprise, right?"

"Okay, it sounds bad. I'll come over at your place-"

"I'm texting you the restaurant and sending the location. Be there by sharp nine, you can order food which will come by ten. Bye." and without awaiting any answers, he ended the call.

Guess I was surprising my wife today and it could literally go anywhere. Either, she would be happy or she would try to hide her disappointment and rather spend time doing something else rather than having dinner with me. For either outcome, I was prepared.

--------------------------------------------------------

I know. Boring as fuck chapter. Bear with me.

Also, I might update a surprise chapter this week, so do look out for it.

Also, for people who read, "I Still Miss You." Get your tissues ready. You're just about to see my true side in writing.

PEACE! (domi, u fucker, there u go.)

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry123

Insta: authora.zchaudhry