five

After school, you promptly arrived at the hair salon in lazy clothes that was nothing like what you would usually wear, with a sleeveless black puffer jacket.

Mizuki taught you how to cut other people's hair and the directions you should take in addressing customers. First, listen to the customer's requests then completely ignore them... Just kidding.

First, listen to the customer's requests and then try to incorporate that into your own style of cutting hair. Then begin by doing whatever they requested but do it in short increments, never in big increments. It was always better to play it safe than to do something risky. If you need help, ask Mizuki and she'll come right over.

Sounded super easy. A customer entered the store with a ring of the bell and Mizuki greeted them with her usual friendliness and warmness, they spoke together like they were close. "This is my new worker, (Y/N). She came and applied yesterday, isn't she so cute?" Mizuki spoke with the customer as they both laughed and easily conversed.

"This is Mrs Chisaki, she works at the bar down the street." Mizuki introduced you to the customer as you bowed and greeted her. 

Welp, this is gonna be a boring four hours.

Mrs Chisaki was seated as she spoke about how she wanted hair like the current pop idols, an angled fringe and thin hair which was ironic since she looked like she would be fifty next year. Mizuki ran you through how she would cut hair and the steps she took, you obediently listened and observed the pair as they conversed.

"Mizuki, have you heard about the Kira cases? It was a huge thing last year but it seems it's coming back in the news." Mrs Chisaki began, "My customers have been all about Kira, all I hear every night is about Kira! It's starting to get on my nerves." She laughed it off as Mizuki's face changed to an almost afraid expression. 

"Yes I know about it, to be frank, it's terrifying. I just worry about Yuno's well-being every day." She shivers and continued, "I just can't believe it's a real thing."

"(Y/N), do you know about the Kira cases?" Mizuki asked you, making you join in the conversation. "Not really, I just know that he can kill without being there." You lied, you knew almost every single detail about Kira. You sucked up every little bit of information the media would feed you, you were like a drug addict to know about Kira news.

"Well, I think it's just plain wrong! Even if it's criminals he's killing, maybe they can change. It's just unfair." Mrs Chisaki whined, she seemed as if she was missing her youthful days and hoping that she's viewed as young again.

"In my school right now, everyone's talking about Kira. Maybe even more than your customers at your bar," you chuckled at Mrs Chisaki as you attempted to become friendly with the people around you.

"Oh, you're in university (Y/N)? What university do you go to?" Mrs Chisaki's attention switched from Kira to you. "To-Oh University." 

"Huh?!" The pair of old women suddenly paused and turned their heads towards you and were frozen in shock. "A-and you're working here?" Mizuki was so in shock that she could barely speak. "Is it that surprising?" You raised an eyebrow in confusion and looked around due to how awkward it was that both of them were eyeing you so hard.

"No way... What year are you in? And what are you studying? How's your campus life?"
"Yeah, and is everyone there just rich little brats? Do you play tennis every day, drink tea and eat gourmet food?"

You were bombarded with a crazy amount of questions as you felt as if a strong wind had blew you back but it was just how furiously they threw their questions at you.

This was really going to be a long day...